Angst/request/drabble-Wait!

Request made by Mooncommand, filled on 7/9/2020

First Person

I swayed back and forth slowly, hands clutching the railing. What did I have to live for? I was the scum of the earth, a Watcher. The worst of the worst, the magic I wielded was considered to be cursed. Nobody on this server would understand the pain I had gone through.

First Sam, going nuts and killing everyone. I fled to Evo, trying to recover my failing sanity before the Watchers tore us apart. I knew why we where considered to be evil, scum, wretched beings only worthy of death, but sometimes... I wonder how many others are like me. Forced into it, controlled by the steel fist of the council.

A sob tore loose from me, and I clenched the railing tighter, breaking some of it with my abnormal strength. I let go of the railing, letting it fall as I cried, sobs wrenching themselves from my body.

Years of pain pored out as I sat there on my knees, howling, sobbing, begging, pleading for ten years of my life that I lost back. Ten years. Ten years of suffering, pain, and heartbreak. 

The world blurred as I dragged myself to my feet again, still sobbing, quieter then before. I limped back to the edge, clutching my sides. I stepped through the gap, swaying back and forth once again.

I should just end it. I was a Watcher, a horrible being that causes so much suffering. They.. wouldn't mind if I just left this world behind... 

"Wait! Don't do it, please!" 

My breath hitched.

I didn't recognize that voice. I was nearly 10 miles away from any hermits, who...

I looked back, and made eye contact with a set of red eyes, awfully desperate. He.. He could see my wings, my purple eyes... why wasn't he.. he..

He didn't move a inch, clearly frightened of making me jump. "I.. I don't know why you want to jump, but theres so much to live for. Even if you think you wont be accepted for, for your magic, what you are, the hermits care so much, you can talk to Joe, he's a ex-Listener, he'll understand.. Just please, don't jump."

My hands shook as I stared at him in shock. He.. he cared? I didn't even know the man infront of me and.. He cared? The words fell out of my mouth without me realizing it, asking the man why he cared, he didn't even know me.

The albino paused, going silent. "I don't like watching other people suffer." I slowly moved away from the edge, starting to cry again as the startled man caught me in his arms. "Whoa-It's okay, just-just let it all out.."

I shook, sobbing hard. I cried so much that day, I slept all night in Ex's bed while he tried to figure out a way to get me home without alerting the other hermits of he presence. 

He cared. They all cared. They all accepted me.

And really, that's all that matters, isn't it?

---

:)

496=Drabble