angst-I have no clue what to name this (Oneshot)

WARNING! SLIGHT GORE!

Third Person

Blood splattered the ground.

Walls were painted red.

Players were dead.

Anomalies had escaped.

The world was falling apart into itself. The creatures it had attempted to contained had finally escaped.

Screams began to fade as more and more players died.

All of them experienced perma-death. These creatures weren't natural to this world. Not zombies, or skeletons, something... different.

Some spawned in new worlds. Others vanished forever, but a group of players managed to stay alive.

These were nicknamed the renegades. Rebelling against all reasonable logic, and living.

Some were mutants, others were perfectly normal by player standards.

Ex had been a normal teen before the slaughter. He had been known as Eran before he lost his innocence. Then they broke out.

His clothing was stained by the blood of his friends and brother. He had watched them be slaughtered in front of his eyes.

This hardened him. Emotions were buried. He was then nicknamed the Reaper.

Fear followed him. Fear of loosing someone had left him. He had lost the feeling of love. He had lost the sensation of emotions.

But he could still see them. The vibrant colors. Fear was a blood red. Joy was a shocking yellow.

There was more. But why go over the time to explain them all? He couldn't feel the emotions, but he could see them.

X used to be able to see sounds. But then X died. Just another death in this passing world.

Reaper shook his head, shoving back the feeling of grief in his mind.

Feet flying across the ground, he became aware of the howls.

The howls of the Waheela chasing him pounded his ears.

Ah. He had forgotten about that.

Right infront of him, a teenager ran. Suddenly, a second Waheela hit the teenager from the side and tore his head off within seconds, spraying the area with his blood and brains.

What? They never hunted in packs! But these two could be mates...

Reaper lunged over the Waheela feasting on the teenager, ignoring the bloody mess that its killing technique had caused.

No emotions.

Ņ̴̡̛͙̍͑o̴̞̠͌ͅ ̵̺̀̈e̴͎͍̽m̷̩̠̀ő̴̧̞̼̐t̷̠͗̈͘i̵͎̪̒͒ͅǒ̷͇͌ṅ̷̼̓s̷̮͖͑.̷̤̝̉

N̴̹͈̟͕͉̙̩̬̪̞͍̺͉̩̭͙̭͓͎̫͆͂͐͂̾͐̕͘͘ͅö̴̢͎̼̬̙̲̠̘̬̭̘͇̼́̉̿̅̓̔̈́̈̈̒͘͝ ̷̢̨͇̱̱̗̮̥̫͙̟͕̠̬̥̝̞̗̭̰̐̍̍͐̿̓̑͜ě̸̡̛̳̝̱͛̈͐̈̾̇͐́͐̿̉͌̀̋͒̔́̚̕̕͝m̵̢̨̱̼͇̹̬͖̺̘̠̺͎̙̩̭͚͕̆͌̒̊̇̏̀ǫ̴̩̥̞̫̠̟̫͍̣̝̹̠̖̪̫̤͚̼͚͖̈́̿͛̔̓̂͗̅͐̐͐́̽͒̀͊̚͝ͅt̶̡̨̛͍̯̭̟͈̮̾̀͆̈̏̃̔͛̿̈̑͑̓̓͋̔̊͝ḯ̵̡̢̨̧̧̮̫͔͚̟͍̯͓͈̖̬̮͓̠̮̟͖̠͒̈̒̽̏́̀͋͘͘͠ͅǫ̵̢͎͓͉̞̖̩͔̰̭̙̝͈̜̭̥̳̼̗̱̦̺̮̖͆̎̓̈́̀̈́͋̇n̴̨̢̬̞͚̩̙̜̟̱̲̤̰͎͖̙͉͍̋̾͘s̵̢̧̧̨͚̲͈̩͔̲̭͖̜͙̳̟̩̟̎̂̆͂̊͐̐́̀͋̋͘ͅ.̵̜͉̟̩̪̱̰̝͖̼̼͈͎̖̩̝͖̥̘̑̌̈́͑̔̓̆̓͌͂͑̀̄̂̀̈́̃̽͘͠

A scream ripped from his mouth as something clamped its teeth around his leg. His head craned to get a good view. It was a Hellhound.

In this moment, he knew there was no living. He was going to die, and there was no escaping it.

So he went limp. His scythe fell out of his grip as the Hellhound began shaking him like a rat.

The world blurred. Time sped up. Next thing he knew, the Hellhound had dropped him and had its jaws around his skull.

Pain. Then nothing.

..."Who is he? What's with the scars?..."

"-one, lift!"

"-tly now, you don't kn-"

"-ll the admin-"

"-looks ill-"

"-think I recognize-"

"-oh nether gods E-"

Noises. Noises surrounded him. He was being carried on a gurney. At least he was pretty sure it was a gurney.

He could feel the blood of his death dried on his face, and soaking his hair.

His left leg was numb. To be honest, the Hellhound probably tore it off.

Then something clicked. Someone was holding his hand. Rea-Ex? Maybe Eran? No. Reaper. Emotions were absent, like they had been for the last five years.

Ex had cared for someone. Eran was Ex before he had lost his innocence.

Reaper cared for nothing.

His hand twitched. He was to weak to look, but whoever it was noticed the slight movement and softly hummed a tune, running a hand through his hair.

...It couldn't be. That... That was the same tune X had used to help him go to sleep at night when he was younger.

X had made that tune up. They hadn't shared it with anyone.

Reaper struggled to open his eyes. He became suddenly aware of someone securing a face mask to cover his mouth and nose.

And the light headedness of lack of oxygen. This triggered him greedily breathing it in. The person who somehow knew the tune noticed this and softly said to him "Ex?.. you awake?..."

E-Reaper moved slightly, the voice shocking him. X. It was X.

Ex finally opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was that he was missing a eye. Then he saw X.

A moment of silence followed as they made eye contact.

Then a sob left his lungs. A cry of contained pain, grief, and denial.

X didn't know how to react to this for a moment. Then he gently lifted his brother and hugged him.

As Ex sobbed into his shoulder, X couldn't help wonder what trauma he had gone through.

Five years. And X had been there for a year, and he was traumatized by the experience. He had to watch as Ex began shutting off all emotions, friends be killed, and as Ex sobbed. Sobbed as X died. Promised to himself that he would never care for another soul.

But here he was.

I love how X and Reaper/Eran/Ex are just ignoring like, half the server gawking at them.

Anyways, was this a happy ending? Honestly, I don't know how to make angst without a sad ending.

Bye costumers! Merry Christmas!