8:PRE-WEDDING JITTERS, INSECURITIES AND STUFF

PLAY-Zehnaseeb by Chinmayi and Shekhar Ravjiani

---------------------------------------
-AARAV-
2 weeks passed so fast and tomorrow was the day when I and Raahat were getting married properly with all the rituals.I was busy with office and it was difficult to handle it alone.
Raahat had to help her dad since bhabhi was the one who used to handle all the work earlier but Raahat was trying her best to give her time to both the companies equally.She would mail me presentations and send me files after completing. She would even visit here sometimes and other times I would go to her house to meet Vihaan and well,to see her but we always had the presence of her parents as they were a bit,no actually a lot orthodox.
No one except my PA Pranav knew that me and Raahat were married or were getting married.We made him sign a non-disclosure agreement. Anyhow,I trust him with stuff.
Today some irrational thoughts were striking my mind.Maybe these are just what we call pre-wedding jitters and stuff.
The situation was not really the best,hell it wasn't even good.I know I wanted to marry her but I don't know if she wanted to marry me or not.Even though we were already married and getting married again was just a formality,I couldn't  help but feel insecure.I wanted to know that if we were not involved in this whole marriage fiasco,would she choose someone else over me?Hell,maybe she already loved someone.
or not?
maybe Jay?.
No,she would have told bhabhi if she did.
But still.
My head was bursting.I just wanted to talk to her about all these things and clear my doubts.
I got so many chances to talk to her in these 2 weeks even though she was comparatively quiet and she would talk only when asked to but damn all this shit had to strike my head today.
I should have asked her if she was in love with someone else or if she would change anything if it wasn't bhabhi who asked her to do this.
Off course she would have chosen someone else over me even if it was an arranged marriage instead of forced marriage.
What to do now?
Right now I was sitting in my office alone with desktop lit up and a random presentation playing on it.However,all my attention was taken up by Raahat.
Someone knocked my door and I mumbled a 'come in' without looking towards the door.It was Kabir.He came back from New York yesterday.I was so thankful that he decided to go with Naina to give her moral support.
Kabir-Hey Bro!All set for you wedding?
I huffed.
Kabir-Kyaa ho gaya?Tere reaction se lagg nahi rahaa tu ye shaadi karna chahta hai.
Aarav-Main ye shaadi karna chahta hoon,par Raahat karna chahti hai yaa nahi,yeh nahi pata.
Kabir-Technically shaadi ho chuki hai toh yeh sab soch ke ab koi faayda nahi.
Aarav-Yehi toh problem hai ki shaadi ho chuki hai par agar ye sab nahi hota toh shaadi nahi hoti.
I explained him everything-my insecurities, doubts and all the questions revolving around my head and he listened to me carefully.
Kabir-Hmm...Toh tu mujhe yeh bataa ki agar tujhe ab pata lage ki woh kisi ko pasand karti hai toh tu kyaa karega?Jaane dega usey?
It was so difficult to even hear that line from Kabir's mouth that my heart went heavy in a moment.
Aarav-Haan
Kabir-Kya?
Aarav-Haan main usey jaane dunga.Main us sey pyaar karta hoon,iska matlab ye nahi ki main usey apne saath baandh ke rakhunga.Main selfish nahi hoon Kabir.
Kabir-Wow,Aur ab ye bataa ki agar woh kisi aur ko pasand nahi karti toh tu kya karega?
Aarav-Phir main kuch nahi badlunga.Main usey roz dikhaunga ki main usse kitna pyaar karta hoon.Usey jitna bhi waqt kyun na lage,main patiently wait karunga.
Kabir-I guess tujhe sachi mein usse baat karni chahiye is waqt.
Aarav-Wohi toh problem hai,Kaise?
Kabir-Sneak into her room.
Aarav-What?Tu paagal ho gaya hai kya?
kabir-That's the only way right now.Rehne de agar tu...
Aarav-Nahi,I mean haan,chal chalte hain.Tu car lekar khadaa rehna bahar aur main 15 minute mein baat karke baahar aa jaunga.
And thats exactly why we were at the backside of Verma Mansion looking towards the balcony of Raahat's room on the first floor at 7 in the evening.There was a tree right infront of it and also a pipe.
Kabir-Jaa ab,Kya ho gaya hero?
Aarav-Rukk,theory toh banaa lene de ki kaise chadhna hai.Agar gir vir gaya toh langde dhuley se saat phere karwa lena.
Kabir chucked beside me.
Aarav-Has ley,has ley,tere bhi din aayenge, main hasunga phir.
Kabir-Chal ab hawaa mein baatein matt kar aur jaa.
I got out of the car and then according to my theory climbed on to the pipe.I somehow reached the balcony of her room and then looked back towards Kabir with a smirk on my face but the smirk washed off when I saw him recording a video on his phone and then it was his time to smirk and smile.
I will see him later on,right now,talking to Raahat is my main priority.
I peeped through the glass slide door from where the curtains were slightly removed to check if there's someone else in the room.She herself wasn't there in the room but Vihaan was sleeping in the middle of the bed.I slid the door and to my surprise it wasn't locked.I entered her room and then closed the door.I heard the sound of shower.Maybe Raahat was bathing.
Next,I locked the door of the room for safety purposes.I know if Raahat's mom saw me here she would make a big deal out of her orthodox thinking on how the bride and groom should not meet before wedding.Technically she's already my wife so I can meet her.I sat on the bed besides Vihaan and kissed his forehead.
Raahat was taking so much time and I was impatient so I started exploring her room.
I was standing near the wall looking at the photo frame when the bathroom door opened and then closed.I turned to look at Raahat who was just in a bathrobe,busy drying her long hair with a towel.Wet droplets,sliding on her milky white skin.As much as I wanted to keep staring at her,I didn't want her to think that I was being desperate and was ogling at her.
Aarav-Raahat
As soon as she saw me,her eyes widened and she was just about to shout when I ran towards her to shut her mouth.I pulled her into my chest,our upper bodies touching.My one hand went around her waist to stable her and the other went to her mouth to prevent her from shouting.The tower dropped from her hand and she clutched my collar with one hand and her other hand went around my neck to get some support.