Cherish

Your POV

You tilt your head inside your hands, sobbing sound started to accompany you at the meadow where you hangout with Eddy the other day. You cried there, remembering what Eddy have said just now at his home.

You were only intended to see him again after you lost contact with him, want to ask what's up and maybe do some fun practice. But, you never expected that you will meet Brett there, arguing with him and said that you were disturbing him all this time.

For the first time in your life, it truly hurts seeing Eddy "rejected" you.

After a while, you felt a warm hand poking your shoulder. But you don't want to lift your head even when you actually know who it is. Instead, you ask with sad voice. "What?"

"I've been looking everywhere for you." You heard the voice, answering you so softly.

You sob and quickly place your head into his chest, while you squeeze his shirt to hold on to the sorrow.

"Why did he do that, Brett? Are we really a burden to him?" You ask with a painful voice.

You don't hear any answer. Both of Brett's hands lift up and hug you. You feel that his right hand stroke your back.

"I'm sorry, y/n..." His voice weaken from before.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I..." Brett seems have a doubt of himself. He grab your shoulder and slowly lift you up to sit properly. "I should have told you the truth."

"What...?"

What is this all about? Is there something I don't know about Eddy?

"This is my fault," Brett said. "I should have told you I met Eddy after we finished our gig at the music school. I... I already know from the beginning, why he disappeared."

"Why...?"

You let Brett told you the story. You were so shocked through his story, hearing Eddy told him that he felt wrong to stay with us, and he wanted to find his own happiness. You are overwhelm by Eddy dare to think so negative.

"That's why... I'm not surprise he disappeared," Brett said again. "But I'm really shocked when he really did it. I already told him to think twice."

"So... he really is... not happy with us...?" That's all you can think of right now.

Brett smiles a little, then put his hand at the back of your head. "Believe me, y/n, he's actually happy. Especially with you."

"Then, why, Brett?" You glance to him, still don't understand about this.

He sighed, and stroke you so dearly. "Take a rest first, we'll ask him together after this, okay?"

"But-"

"Everything's going to be fine, y/n. It's okay." Brett cut your sentence and once again calms you down.

You sigh, then look straight at the sky. Your pale face still implies the sadness you feel. "You know? This was where Eddy and I talked that time."

"Really?"

"Yeah... he told me, about how he was bullied and his Dad's gone when he was high school. No one really respected his life and choices," you said. "That's why he had that negative traits before."

"Hmm..."

"We finally had fun together that time... we even laughed a lot together at the music school, right? That's why I thought..." you tilt your head down, can't bear to finish your sentence. You let out a big sigh for yourself.

"Y/n..."

"It's weird isn't it? A long time ago I wished he didn't bother me anymore. But now when I got it, I feel terrible instead." You still look down.

The two of you silents for a sec, until Brett finally answers. "People are valuable. You'll never know that until you really lost them."

You smile a little, then glance to him. "Since when are you a wise boy, Brett?"

But Brett look at you with a serious face. "I cherished you, y/n. But, I cherished Eddy too. I will never choose between the two of you. I... I just want us to get along together."

You smile. "Thanks, Brett. You're really kind to us. I know I look like care more for Eddy, but trust me, you're always my number one priority."

You see a red tint suddenly pop up into his cheeks. He scratches his neck timidly. "Uh... You don't have to say that."

You chuckle. "But, you are."

He quickly stands up. "Uh, hey, do you want some ice cream? Let's go to the nearest ice cream shop from here, to cool you down."

You stands up as well and squint yoir eyebrows. "Hey, Hotpot has ice cream too, you know. It's okay. We're still going tonight, right?"

"That's a different case. Let's just eat ice cream twice today!" Before you know it, Brett pulls your hand from there.

---

To be continued :)

Hey guys, is it too short? I kinda feel this chap ends so fast 😂