Dynamics

You and Brett walk together to the bubble tea shop near Brett's house. You order a salted caramel milk tea with ice cream topping, while Brett order a chocolate chip milk tea. Before you do anything, Brett apparently initiate to pay for your bubble tea too.

"Thanks for the treat, Brett." You said happily when you got your table. "I'm sorry if I slowed you down in the practice. This is my first Sibelius."

Brett smiled. "It was nothing, (y/n), that was a great practice."

"Well, that was still nice of you," you said again, sipping the bubble tea, then talk again. "Do you come by here often?"

Brett nodded. "Yeah, this is my favorite bubble tea shop. They have the best bubble tea around here. You can never be disappointed."

You chuckled hearing that. "You really love bubble tea, do you?"

"Of course, I love all the chocolate bubble tea. They're the best!" said Brett with a big smile. But then, he seem embarrassed with his excitement. His cheeks turned pink. "Uh..., (y/n), how about you?"

"I love the caramel ones, the coffee too. But, I didn't drink much because my parents limited it. Health reasons," you replied with a happy smile. "Um, by the way, do you live alone, Brett? Your home seem quiet all afternoon."

"Nah. I live with my parents, but they are both working. Since I didn't have any siblings, I'm just alone most of the time, practicing."

"You're not working at a company?"

"No, live a life just for music."

"Wow, the same for me!" you said with a surprised face. ""I started at the orchestra four years ago, as a second violin. Then, I started the first violin last year. I really hope I can be a soloist someday. Let's do our best to be better, Brett."

Brett smiled. "Definitely. Let's learn together."

You nodded with excitement. You really feel glad to met such a good orchestral friend. Brett is really showing his good attitude towards you, even when you just met him not long ago.

"Oh, looks who's here!" Suddenly someone approached your table.

You turn your head, then roll your eyes towards the opposite knowing who's coming to you. Your annoying childhood friend, Eddy. "Oh, you."

"Who is this, (y/n)? You haven't told me about him!" Eddy smiled to you and immediately place his hand to your shoulder as he's showing that you're his.

You feel uncomfortable and gently put away his hand. "Don't make me pissed. He's my orchestral friend."

"Who is this, (y/n)?" Brett asked with confusion. He's really feel confused seeing some guy with a sweater and shorts suddenly place his hand to his friend. How rude he thought.

You sighed. "Brett, this is Eddy Chen. Eddy, this is Brett."

Brett raised his eyebrows, then offer his hand to shake. "Oh, so you're the soloist that will help us with the Sibelius! Hi there, so nice to meet you."

"You're a violinist too?" asked Eddy with an annoying voice, not intending to shake Brett's hand, making him flinched a bit. "By the way, if you must know, I am also gonna be hers soon, so obviously I'm the only one who can hangout alone with her, no?"

You stare to Eddy angrily. "Hey! Don't disturb me and just go, okay?"

"Fine, I'll let you go just this once, (y/n). We're going to get married anyway." Eddy poked your head tip a few times, then go out from the shop without feeling guilty about it.

You puffed your cheeks a bit, feeling annoyed by Eddy's presence. You feel he has ruin your time with Brett so much. Meanwhile, Brett sit back down again and looking at you with his confused face.

"You really do acquainted to the soloist that much?" Brett voiced.

You sighed and look at Brett with a regret face. "I'm sorry for his rudeness, Brett. I'm really, really sorry you have to get through all that."

"Um, it's okay, (y/n). What happened to you both?"

"He's my childhood friend, Brett. Although..., I've been avoiding him for quite a while."

"Well, I can see why," said Brett with a flat voice. Then, ask you in doubt. "Then... you're getting married to him?"

"Well, my parents are intending to it since we never met each other after he move away to another city years ago. The last time I see him is when he was eight. Now that he's back here as a rich musician, my parents really force us to get married soon. The thing is... well, you can see he's annoying and I really didn't like him at all."

"Money wise," Brett scoffs. "Did your parents not know about this?"

"Problem is, he's always look nice in front of my parents, but then..."

You stopped at the middle of your statement, looked down because of your disappointment to your childhood friend. But, Brett seemed understand by the look of your face.

Brett sipped all of his bubble tea. "You wanna go home after this? I bet you're tired."

You sighed. "I guess I have to."

Brett smiled. "Um, if you don't mind, I'll walk you home, okay?"

You smiled gratefully, then nodded.

You finished the bubble tea and directly walk home with Brett. You have a silence trip because you really got tired because of Eddy, while Brett also shut his mouth, just sometimes looking at you to check things.

In the middle of the road, Brett see an old woman sit alone with some box beside her. He looked at you.

"(y/n), can you give me a minute?"

You looked at Brett with confusion. "Err... sure?"

Brett walks toward the old woman that sit alone there. He hold a conversation for a while with her, then give something to her and calmly smile. You felt a warm feeling from the distance seeing what Brett did.

Brett bow slightly to her, then he came back to you with a happy face.

"How much did you give?" You asked.

"500 AUD."

You instantly raised your eyebrows. "That's a lot!"

Brett smiled. "It's nice to give back something to the people, you know. After all, we can't live without them."

You smiled back. You really thought that Brett shows some good personality today. Despite of your first impression to him back then, he absolutely is a good guy to others. Even after Eddy talk rude to him, he didn't do anything to attack him back.

After you both arrived at your home, you tell Brett good bye at the door and tell him to have a safe trip back to his home. But, before you go inside, Brett calls you.

"(y/n)!"

You turn your head in front of your door. "Hm?"

Brett looks at you deeply. He looked down for a while and walk closer to you again. He took your hand and put a flipped paper on it. "Um... I know we've only just met, but... really, if you need any help, you can always call me."

You looked a little surprised seeing that flipped paper, then smiled gratefully to Brett. "Thank you, Brett."

--

To Be Continued :)