Chapter 1 new friends

It all starts with Ariel waking up one morning. It's the first day of school and Ariel is excited to make some new friends but she is nervous too because she is the new kid. She is just starting 2nd grade. She walked into connoquenessing valley elementary school (aka:CVE) and walked into the classroom and Virginia walked up to her. "Hi, I'm Virginia. Who are you?" Virginia said. "I'm Ariel, it's nice to meet you." Ariel said. "It's nice to meet you too. You're new around here, aren't you?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, I just moved here from Pittsburgh." Ariel said. Later that day at recess Ariel went to the playground while Virginia met up with her friends by some trees that were up the hill from the playground. "Hey guys, what's up?" Virginia asked. "Hey, not much. So, who was that girl that you walked out here with?" Joe asked. "That's Ariel, she is new here." Virginia said. "Oh, maybe I should go meet her. I think that I might have a crush on her." John said. "We'll come with you, we can all show her around." Jane said. "Okay." John said. Ariel was playing with some of her new friends when they walked up to her. "Hey Ariel, I want you to meet my friends. These are my friends Joe, Jane, and John." Virginia said. "It's nice to meet you guys." Ariel said. "It's nice to meet you too." John, Jane, and Joe said at the same time. After recess Jane, Joe, John, and Virginia showed Ariel around. "Thanks for showing me around." Ariel said. "No problem." Virginia said. After school Virginia decided to walk home with Ariel. "So, I heard that there is going to be some spanish language classes after school. They only choose a few students to do it. They usually start it with students that are in second grade." Virginia said. "Sounds like something I would like to do." Ariel said. "Hey, remember in math class, you were getting frustrated, then you just like, how should I say this, shut down." Virginia said. "That just happens a lot with me. I don't know why I shut down." Ariel said. "Okay, I feel like I know someone else who also shuts down." Virginia said while they walked up to Ariel's house. "Thanks for walking me home." Ariel said. "Hakuna matata." Virginia said. Then Virginia walked to her house. Ariel walked into the house. "Dad, I'm home." Ariel said. "How was your first day of school?" Tommy asked. "It was awesome. I made some good friends." Ariel said. "That's good." Tommy said. The next day Ariel was playing with a couple of friends at recess when John came up to her. "Hey Ariel." John said. "Hey, what's up?" Ariel asked. "Not much." John said. That's when Alyssa walked up to them. "Hey guys." Alyssa said. "Go away Alyssa." John said. "What has gotten into you?" Alyssa asked. "Just leave us alone." John said. "Fine." Alyssa said annoyed before walking away. "Okay, who was that?" Ariel asked. "That's Alyssa. Don't let the whole nice thing fool you, she can be a real meanie." John said. "When did you see her true colors?" Ariel asked. "Last year when we did a class project together. I ended up doing most of the work. She barely did any of the work." John said. "Whoa." Ariel said. "Yeah. Anyway I have to tell you something." John said. "What is it?" Ariel asked. "I have a crush on you." John said. "Wait, what did you just say?" Ariel asked. "I said that I have a crush on you." John said. Ariel gasped. "Well, I have a crush on you too." Ariel said. Then Virginia walked up to them. "Hey guys, what's up?" Virginia asked. "Not much, hey remember Alyssa Smith?" John asked. "Ugh, don't remind me." Virginia said. "Wait, you know her too?" Ariel asked. "Yeah." Virginia said. "All of our friends pretty much hate her. She might be nice to you at first but over time she plays as the victim when in reality you are the victim." John said. "Okay, so what you're saying is that I shouldn't be friends with her." Ariel said. "Yeah." John and Virginia said. After their last class Virginia, John, Joe, and Ariel went to one classroom for their after school spanish class. After about an hour their parents came to pick them up. On the way home Tommy asked Ariel how her first spanish class was. "It was good. It was kinda fun." Ariel said. "Kinda fun?" Tommy asked. "Okay, really fun. I get to do it with my friends." Ariel said. Meanwhile at Alyssa's house, she was singing chillin like a villain.

The next day at school during recess, Ariel was playing with Virginia and John when Josh walked up to them. "Hey Josh." Virginia said. "Hey, what's up?" Josh said. "Not much." Virginia said. "Hey, I'm Ariel." Ariel said. "Yeah, I know. Virginia told me about you." Josh said. After school Ariel was going to be at her house by herself for a while. Her dad had to go into work for a little while. "Guess it's time to do some homework." Ariel said to herself when she got home. She was doing her homework when someone rang the doorbell. Ariel walked up to the door and asked who was there. It was Hunter but Ariel doesn't know him. Hunter wanted to know if Tommy was home and Ariel said "He's busy, please come back later." Then she called her older cousin Julie and she said that she would come over to stay with her for a while. At five o clock her mom and dad came back. Her mom was on a business trip so she wasn't home for a few days. While they were having dinner Ariel told Tommy that someone she didn't know came to the door while she was doing her homework. "That was my friend Hunter. He is one of the assistant trip leaders for venture outdoors. I'm also an assistant trip leader for venture outdoors." Tommy said. Later that night Tommy had a surprise for Ariel. He asked her if she can come downstairs and she said that she will be right down. The surprise that he has for her is going to change her life.