f o r t y - f i v e | Allana

"...actually I remember like it was yesterday. All of us were on this beach and we were really having a great time. We kept looking at the waves and thought, why not go for a quick swim. So Michael and Allana decided to go in and while I stayed behind. They were in the water for an hour and we were supposed to have dinner after. I noticed that Allana had swum closer to the shore, while Michael stayed put, only to found out that her dad had lost his swimming trunks while he was underwater" we all looked at my dad as he had a glass of wine in his hand and shook his head out of embarrassment. 

I laughed at that moment because I didn't know what to do at that time. I mean, you cannot tell me you're not as embarrassed as your dad who doesn't know what to do when he is naked down there. 

"Wait, so what did you do?" Yasmine, my dad's wife asked him.

"Well, it was a good thing that there were only a few people on the beach, but what Sandra did was, she got our towels and I had to move closer, but not too close because I'd get exposed, and wraps the towel around my waist. Although, we had to walk to our resort because the beach was a bit far" I tried to control myself from laughing. That was one of my dad's embarrassing moments.

"That's right, I married a p*rnstar" my mom commented which made Harry choked on his food. I felt embarrassed for mom being too 'open' with such words.

"If I was, then, I wouldn't be working in where I am right now," my dad said as he took one more bite from his plate and another sip from his wine.

"Where do you work Mr. Williams, if I may ask?" Harry was the one who asked that question. I was smiling on the inside on how he was comfortable with asking my dad a few questions. Just seeing him being less nervous than before, makes me kinda happy.

"Well, I am an architect and people come to me when they want to consult on houses or buildings they want to put up and also my company wants to branch out so I get to be the one who does most of the ocular visits. Just to see if the area's okay and qualifies as a good place to put the houses or buildings" my dad started to explain to Harry about his job and it feels good that Harry takes an interest in knowing what my dad's like and what job he has.

"You know, Michael, Mark here is a real estate agent and you should probably let him sell the houses you build to some clients" my mom motioned her boyfriend to my dad. It felt a bit weird that my dad and my soon-to-be-step-dad would be working together in the future. I didn't know they were both comfortable in suggesting to work with each other.

"Really now?" my dad said.

"Actually, I only sold a few houses, but so far so good with our ratings" Mark was the one who said that. At first, I was feeling uncomfortable with him dating my mother, but to be honest, he's an okay guy. Was I okay with my parents'separation? No. Did I get used to it? Yes. Would I be supportive that they were going to see other people? Not so much.

It's just tough for an only child to experience these things, but there's no way but to accept them. 

"Was real estate your choice, Mark?" my dad asked him as he got his glass of wine and leaned his back on the chair.

"Well, yeah. I mean, do what you love to do. It's your life." I like how he was being inspirational with how he loves about his job and also I love how my dad and he were getting along. And I thought this dinner was gonna be awkward.

"Listen carefully, Harry. You might learn a thing or two with your career. Especially you too, sweetie" I rolled my eyes as I took a sip from my glass as my dad and Mark kept yapping about their jobs, while my mom and Yasmine, were talking about fashion. From time to time, my dad keeps mentioning Harry's name because he wants him to pay attention to what they were talking about.