f o r t y - o n e | Allana

"Here are your orders. Enjoy!" the waiter said as he placed the tray with our drinks on it on our table. He distributed them and left our table. I only ordered coke while the other guys ordered alcohol. Not to be a killjoy, but I wasn't in the mood to drink, but I will be once graduation ends.

"So why drag me to this place? I mean, there's not a lot of people here" it was almost true. I mean, there were some people, but the place was so small. When we entered the room, there were only a few windows at the top of the walls. There was a small stage up front while there were tables and chairs in the middle. The bar was placed at the side. There was also a vending machine for cigarettes too on the other side. Oh, I forgot to mention also, that the stage had a piano on top and 2 mic stands. There were also numerous instruments there.

Most of the people here were a mix of oldies and people who are the same age as Liam, Louis, and Niall. I could not see anyone who has the same age as me. I'm starting to think 18-year-olds aren't allowed in here.

"Oh come on. You're old enough to be in here and besides, you're done with school, right?" Liam told me as he took a sip from his drink.

"Well technically, I will be done with school in 3 days. So right now, I'm still a high school student who doesn't think she's supposed to be here" I began being skeptical to the fact that I was brought in here without a parent's consent, although I am old enough to make my own decisions.

"It's fine. We know the owner. He's a friend of ours way back" Louis told me. Soon a guy who was as tall as them went over to our table and started to greet the guys by doing their manly handshake or whatever. The handshakes that pull you into a hug. He was not too old and not too young. He wore a muscle tee that showed all the tattoos on his arms. He had little facial hair on him and has blonde streaks on his hair. 

I got confused and the guys noticed. They brought the guy over to me as he put his hand out. "Allana, this is Dylan. Dylan, this is Allana" I grabbed his hand and shook it as a polite gesture.

"Hi, nice to meet you" I awkwardly said. I looked confused because I didn't know who the hell I was being introduced to.

"This is the guy who owns this place. Our friend" Niall said. Well, that makes sense. I thought he was a stranger.

"Ohh, wow. Haha, nice to finally meet you" I shook his hand again and shook it a bit fast making him laugh at my behavior. "I'm sorry, but I haven't been to a place like this before. It's a bit new to me" I admitted. I really haven't been into a bar before, let alone a karaoke bar. 

He grabbed a chair after he snapped his fingers at the waiter and I assumed that he wanted a drink with us. He sat in between Louis and Niall while I sat in between Liam and Louis. He then started the conversation. "It's okay if you're not too familiar about this place. I recently opened this one about a month ago. There were a lot of people here during my soft opening, but after that, people stopped coming" he started to explain.

"Why did they stop coming here?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, they didn't really stop. I realized that more people come in when it's at night. You know, no more work and all" actually that makes sense too. I mean, people don't usually go to bars during the daytime but prefer to go when it's at night.

"So what time do people start coming in?" I asked him.

He looked at his watch first before speaking. "Right.....about......now," he said and soon a lot of people entered the bar. The empty tables were now occupied with either a group or a couple. I laughed a bit because of how he knows his customers so well.