f i f t y - t w o | Harry

five weeks ago.....

"You know it's your fault for getting me in trouble that time. You can't always use your puppy-dog eyes to get what you want" Gemma said as she took a sip from her drink. After that, she also got a bite from her food. I met up with my sister a few weeks before her wedding day just to keep that bond with her. We're both having lunch together at a café near her office since I asked her to meet up with me.

"What can I say? These eyes are the tickets to everything" I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes as a response. She took one more bite from her pasta as I ordered burgers. You can tell who eats more between the both of us.

"Hey, so why did you want to meet up?" I did not really exactly tell her over the phone why I wanted to see her. I know we don't see each other that often and we only communicate with each other if she has updates about our parents but, to be honest, I do miss being with her.

"Uhh I just wanted to check up on you and how you were doing?" it was a good way to start the conversation, but I still did not know how to tell her how my life was going. I mean I am doing fine, I'm almost getting a new job, I stopped drinking and smoking, I got the best girlfriend ever. What more could I ask for?

Gemma raised her eyebrow and smirked. "You know that's not why you called me for lunch. I know there's something wrong because you always call me when there really is something wrong" she took another sip from her drink and a bite from her meal as she lets me speak first.

"What?! There's nothing wrong. No no no, there's no problem at all" I said. I think she misunderstood me in the wrong way. 

"Well you usually call me when something bad happens, but apparently this time it's different, I assume?" she asked. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you about how I'm doing" I started telling her that I am looking for another job, but this time it's better than the last one. I also told her that I live with the boys now and it's really fine with me that they stay over, but they have to pay for some of the bills.

"Well at least you're getting better at life" Gemma knows how much shit I've been through and everyday felt like the worst day of my life. There was no smiles and happiness all around me. And she has witnessed every single problem I encountered and her comment really was a compliment even though she did not say much.

I nodded and smiled at her. It felt good that she saw an improvement from my bad behavior. "I am and it feels really good that I have nothing to worry about. When life really does give you lemons, you have to make some damn lemonade" I have no idea how happy I feel right now and it wished I stayed like this forever. Like having no problems and live in a stress-free environment. Now that's the kind of life I want to live in.

Gemma furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me weirdly. Like she stared at me for some reason. "Are you okay?" I asked because her facial expression.

"Are you dating anyone right now?" I was surprised that she asked me about my love life. I didn't we jumped into that topic yet. I was not ready, but curious why she asked. I made a face at her without saying a word. She continued, "Aha! I knew it! Who is she? And is it appropriate if I start calling her my sister-in-law?"

I know she was always interested about my love life. Who I date and how long my relationships lasted. Sometimes she knows who I'm dating and sometimes she knows if this will be a long run. I sometimes don't blab out my feelings, more specifically how I feel about the girls I'm with, but I guess having a big sister really changes the fact that I should be more emotional and open about my feelings.