f o r t y - t h r e e | Harry

"How about this? I mean, this is her favorite color" I asked as I was holding a Fuschia-colored blazer and showed it to the guys. They were just on my couch, watching television, and eating snacks while I was panicking on what to wear.

"Who's favorite color is it? Allana's or her mom's?" Niall asked.

"I think now's the time you tell us on who you really fell in love: Allana or Mrs. Williams?" Liam started to joke around as the rest of the guys were laughing to support him. I hit his arm as a way to show that I was pissed off and wasn't in the mood to laugh.

Today was Wednesday, but it was in the afternoon. I agreed on having dinner with Allana and her parents tonight and right now I am freaking out on what to wear later. I mean, this is the second time I'm meeting a girl's parents and it has been so long since I've been introduced like this. I don't know what to wear or what to say or even what to do. Right now I'm just freaking out and panicking.

"Seriously guys, I don't know what to wear and I need help. Fast" I started to look through the pile of clothes that I brought from my room. I had worn all of them, but I really don't know what the right outfit should be when one meets their girlfriend's parents for the first time.

"Calm your a*s down, Harold. I'm sure you're going to find something. Jeez, what is the big deal?" Niall tried to calm me down, but instead, it made me so furious at him. Like, what kind of question is that?

"Calm down? I can't calm down because this is Allana's parents we're talking about. I mean, I need a good first impression when they meet me" I groaned as I sat down on the chair and grabbed a bottle of beer, and started to drink it.

"Dude, relax. I mean, you've already met her mom. That's an instant plus one on getting her parents to like you" Louis said. Well, that was true. I mean at first, her mom didn't approve, but she knew I'd make her daughter happy like before. The only thing I was scared of was the other parent.

"Yes, but her dad's coming too. I gotta make an extra effort for him to like me. Dads hate their daughter's boyfriend" I groaned once more as I continued chugging down my beer. I was starting to get nervous even just imagining what might happen later. Also, I have the fear of overthinking about it.

"But her dad doesn't live there anymore. I don't think he has the right to hate you when she's been living under her mom's roof" Liam said. He may be correct though. I mean, at least his dad won't be all strict on her having a boyfriend when he was another family to deal with. I just am a bit sad that Allana has to deal with having a single parent at home with her, but I gotta give it to her mom. She really did raise a perfect daughter.

"But I still need to make a good first impression on him. I want to show him that I can be the most perfect boyfriend Allana has ever had" after what had happened between me and Allana over the past few months, I realized that I had to prove something once more to her and her mom.

I just think this would be the start of our relationship. I mean, we've had our ups and downs and this time, I wanna make it right. I owe it all to Allana too because she's been there for me the whole time and even if we had the rough start, we still found a way to patch things up and be together.

"Don't worry, mate. We'll help you. We're always here for you" Louis said as he patted my back for relief. I feel less stressed than before. I knew I'd always count on these guys. Louis continued talking. "How about this: I'll drive home, get one of my fancy clothes and bring them to you 2 hours before dinner starts?"

"That would be so great. Thank you, Louis" I stood up and gave him a hug and also am completely relieved that I have nothing to worry about anymore.

"Okay, let's practice what you will say to her parents" except for that.

"Do we have to?" I groaned once more as I plopped back down on the chair. 

"Come on, you have to know what you're going to say. Parents love it when their daughter's boyfriend speaks so highly of their daughter" Louis said. I thought I had nothing to worry about, but this was something that I think needs to be done and I can't believe the guys are helping me about it. What do they know about talking to parents? Oh wait, they did meet with some parents before.

"Okay, let's start with a more basic question: so tell me about yourself, Harry" Liam said in a very deep voice which I think it's weird considering his voice is really deep. But I think that's his way of pretending to be a father. I rolled my eyes at his impression.

"Hey, you can't do that on the table. Parents don't like it when you do childish actions such as rolling your eyes" Liam commented at my 'mistakes.' I sighed before speaking.

"Well, thank you Mr. Williams. I am 23 years old. I am currently working at my friend's company, but am thinking of getting a different job that is more suitable for my career in life" I replied back. Hopefully, I'll remember my answer because if not, I'll be forced to write them on a piece of paper.

"Well, what is your career in life?" Liam asked a follow-up question.

"Actually I was working in the marketing committee in my friend's company, but I want to be in a job that is related to music" actually that's the first time I'm saying it aloud, but the guys know why music became my life too. Not that obvious right? 

So far so good with this whole practice.

"So what are your intentions with my daughter?" Liam then asked the most difficult question I had encountered before. This question sometimes makes me nervous and makes me forget what I was going to say.

"Oh Uhm, your daughter.....s-she is so important to me that I-I-" Louis then cut me off.

"Mate, you'll never get the girl when you answer like that. I mean her parents will hit you with a bus" I made a confusing face after. I heard Niall and Liam started to laugh at Louis' comment. I glared at them and they stopped laughing. "Come on, you know the answer to this question. Just find the right words to say them"

"I know what I want to say. It's just that it's hard whenever I hear questions like that regarding Allana. I mean, I get so nervous, I might choke up my words" I put a hands on my head and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mate, we know you won't mess this up. You love Allana so much and you'll say the things their parents want to hear from you. You'll do just fine." Liam reassured me. I was beginning to be stressed out again about meeting her parents and thinking of what to say to them. 

"I just really want their blessing on my relationship with Allana. She means so much to me and I'd do anything just to be with her. She's the only girl that changed me and made me better" I thought I was the only one talking in my thoughts, but I noticed I've said that out loud and in front of the guys.

I noticed Louis and Niall were about to cry on Liam's shoulders. However, Liam was getting embarrassed by how Louis and Niall handled the situation. I let out a chuckle and thanked the guys for their help. I just really hope they like me for me. I mean, I'm putting my 100% effort on this and if all else fails, I just hope there's a silver lining to this.

hey guys...here's another update. hope you're enjoying the story so far. keep on reading. ;)