t h i r t y - e i g h t | Harry

I started hearing voices, but all of them were a blur. I tried to find a way to hear them a bit clearer. I tried also to open my eyes and soon got greeted by lights and a few shadowed figures surrounding me. I opened one eye at a time and adjusted to the light. After adjusting myself, I saw Liam, talking to someone that seems to be the doctor. Liam noticed and immediately hurried to my side.

"Harry! Are you okay?" when Liam said that, all of the boys rushed to where I was.

I tried to sit up by myself, but it felt painful to move. "Hold on" Louis said. He got some kind of remote and soon felt my bed moving, letting me sit up without even moving. I looked left and right and saw the boys with the doctor surrounding me.

"How're you feeling mate?" I looked at my right and saw the doctor was examining me and the machines behind me.

"I-I'm fine. I guess" I tried to adjust myself, but every time I move, I feels painful. "What happened to me?"

"Well, you were shot at the back of your left shoulder which caused a blood loss from your body. You have a big wound behind you so we had to stitch it up, but before that, we had to do a quick surgery, to remove the bullet from inside you" the doctor explained. He checked again the machines behind me while I noticed there was a large bandage wrapped around my left arm.

He was done inspecting and turned towards me. "Well, Mr. Styles, I 'll leave you to rest and in about three days, you can be discharged. We just need you to sign a few papers and you're okay" he was about to leave when I spoke. "Wait- I haven't even paid for the bills yet and you want me to sign discharge papers already?"

"Well your friends over here chipped in to pay for your bills" then he left. I looked at all of them and was shocked by the sweet gesture they did for me.

"You guys, you didn't have to do that" I tried to tell them.

"Harry, it's done. We paid for it already. It's okay. No need to pay us back" Liam explained to me. I was still in shock that they all paid for it.

"Why?" I asked dumbly.

"Of course, You're our best friend. We'll do anything for each other. After all, you've sacrificed a lot to find us in that abandoned building" Louis said that. It was touching to hear how your friends would do anything for you.

After a few minutes, the door walked in, revealing Allana holding a small bouquet of flowers and a big balloon that says 'Get well soon!' "

My eyes shot up upon seeing her at the door. Same with everyone else. "Hey" was all I could say.

"Hi" she replied. After she put all the stuff down, the guys spoke.

"Okay, we'll leave you two alone. We'll just have breakfast from across the street" all of them agreed. They got their things, smiled at Allana before leaving. She put her stuff down and made her way over to me.

"How are you?" she asked me.

"I'm doing alright. How about you?" I asked her back.

"Doing good. A little bruises here and there, but I'm alright too" she sighed while pulling up a chair and seated beside me. She fixed herself before she spoke.

I thought we were going to talk, but the room became silent for a few minutes. The only thing happening was our eye contact. I had the sudden urge to slowly put my hand on top of hers although, she quickly removed it.

"Why?" she said.

"Why what?" I asked back, being curious.

"You know what I'm talking about" her voice was a little bit soft, but there was a hint of disappointment in it. I know what she was talking about. I just didn't know how to explain it again.

"I uh.....I don't think now's the best time to talk about that" was all I could answer her. Of course, I'm a bit embarrassed and can't escape now because I'm trapped and also I'm supposed to get some rest.

Her eyes were looking down and was disappointed for a while, but soon looked up to meet mine. "Are we really not going to talk about what I found out about us?"

I let out a sigh before speaking. "How am I supposed to tell you when you heard everything from my brother?"

"At least he had the audacity to tell me when you couldn't" I could feel her getting hurt.

"I wanted to, but you and I- it was so special that I might ruin it with the truth" I explained back. I didn't even consider at first telling her the reason why I wanted to be with her, but all of it changed when I soon developed real feelings for her.

Ugh. I wish I was healed already so I could talk to her about it properly. Not where I'm in a hospital bed.

She went to the window and heard her sigh before turnind around to face me. "So you think keeping it a secret and lying to me would be the better option for you to get away with it?"

"I didn't mean it that way- "

"That's exactly what you're trying to say" she talked back. "You think that if you hadn't said anything about why you did it in the first place means that you were only thinking of yourself. You just didn't wanna face the consequences of me finding out and leaving you"

I was opening my mouth to say something, but closed it after she stopped talking.

"Well? Is that true?"

"I- " I couldn't speak or say something, because I was taken back by what she said. All she said was true and I was embarrassed to even admit it.

"See? You couldn't even talk because you know that what I said was true" I could feel her tearing up. I feel so stupid and all I wanted was to go up to her and kiss her or hug her tight, but I'm stuck on this bed.

"Allana, I- "

"Did you even care at all about my feelings?" she questioned me. A question that I was aftaid to her from her.

"I do. You know I love you." I replied back just to try and make her feel happy again.

"No, you don't. You wouldn't care about my feelings if you had made that stupid bet" she was right. If I hadn't agreed with Louis, she and I would be happy right now and this whole mess never happened.

"Allana, please. Just let me make it up to you. Please. I-I just need to rest up and we'll go out. Alone." I tried to please her or convince her to give me one more chance.

"How? How can I forgive someone who hurt me and give them another chance only to think that maybe MAYBE....they might not hurt me again like the first time?" I noticed she had started crying. She got her bag and left the door. I heard her slamming it a bit hard and could hear her footsteps running away.

How could I be this stupid? This whole thing started with a bet and now I didn't think it would end like this?

What am I supposed to do now? The love of my life is now gone.