Two More Days Until the War

My body was cold as ice, something heavy laying on my back. I could feel heavy footsteps fastly approaching me.

"Find her now! I want every stone checked, every roof checked! No one eats, no one sleeps until we find her, got it!!" Gulliver's voice was loud, angry, and full of panic, a loud metal on metal sounded through my ears, "Yes sir!!" And more footsteps sounded off.

I turned my head, cold snow covering my face, I turned to move the rest of my body but a sharp burning pain courses through my body. I sucked in a breath and moved my head again, moving more snow out of my way.

"Captain! She's over here!" Ground trembling steps approached me and strong hands grabbed onto me and pulled me from the mountain of snow that I was buried under, "Milady! There you are! What happened?" Gulliver held me close to his chest, his hand touching the kunai still embedded in my back.

"G-Gunta...Levi. T-they went with Madara Uchiha.." my brain was all fuzzy, my throat dry as the Hidden Sand Village. Gulliver wrapped his hand around the kunai and pulled it out in one swift motion, I groaned in pain clutching his shirt robes.

"This kunai was poisoned. We've been looking for you for almost two days. It doesn't help the snow started to fall heavily, it must have covered you completely before we even made it this far into the castle."

"I've been out that long? Ugh that sneaky rat bastard." My body started to return to me, I moved my legs so I could stand, Gulliver helping me stand straight up and not fall.

"I have to save the twins from Madara." I moved away from Gulliver, taking a step and fell. He picked me back up carrying me bridal style, "First you need to recover from the poison, eat something and shower. You stink." He cracked a smile at me and I glared at him, "I will hurt you, ya know?" He chuckled as he effortlessly carried me.

"I'm not too worried about that Milady." I rolled my eyes at him. I was fine, the poison would work itself out the more my heart pumped blood, but I could tell I wasn't going to get any leeway in getting to walk.

He carried me all the way to my room and demanded that I be served a hot and heavy meal. Gulliver set me down on my bed and told a servant to run me a hot bath that he would return shortly.

"Milady? Your bath is ready." I stood up on wobbly legs and slowly made my way to the bath, a servant helped me into the bath an I immediately relaxed, letting out a sigh.

She cleaned and bandaged the wound on my back. "The poison should be gone now, you will be fine." She patted my shoulder and left me alone in the bathroom.

Everything that had happened ran through my head, how could Gunta and Levi leave with Madara? Which one had stabbed me in the back? Why was Madara even there? I groaned in frustration and rubbed my face with my wet hands.

I needed some advice, I needed someone else's opinion.

'Kakashi?'

Silence. It felt as if I couldn't reach him anymore, our seal was still black, but I couldn't feel anything from him. Not his chakra, not his emotions.

He's locked me out...why?

My heart pounded hard in my chest, why did he lock me out? Was it because I had locked him out while I was talking to the Council? Was it because he read the letters sent to Lady Tsunade?

If that's so he would have confronted me about it... I had preparations to make to for this war, I don't have time to sit here and wallow in relationship problems. I finished my bath and dressed in a black long sleeves shirt, white pants and combat boots. I walked into my room and Gulliver was sitting at the table, the food already spread out waiting for me to eat it. The look on his face was one of anger, betrayal, and also nervousness. He didn't look at me when I sat down, he didn't even move an inch.