Chapter 6

There was no other option at this point. Derek was going to die one way or another. "To you, it'll feel like you've been there for hours, for us, it will only have been a minute. If you don't find what you're looking for by then, you'll never find it. Understand?" Derek stared down the large metal water trough that Scott and Issac were filling with ice and water.

"Derek, you have to be completely ready for this, if you aren't, this won't work," Deaton said, resting his hand on Derek's shoulder.

"I understand," Derek whispered, feeling his heart pound in his chest.

"Now, you have to have someone you have a connection with to be able to bring you back, it can't just be anyone." Deaton looked around the room.

"I'll do it." Talia stepped forward.

"I think it should be Cora," Derek looked to his younger sister, she was in just as much shock as the rest of the family.

"Derek, are you sure?" Deaton asked.

"Wait, why me? Hold on a second," Cora sputtered out; Deaton grabbed her hand, pulling her over to the trough.

"We don't have time to talk about it. Tonight is the only night we can do this, with the New Moon in the sky." Deaton looked to Derek, who took a deep breath looking at the talisman in his hand.

"Now, while the moon is at it's highest," Deaton instructed, looking at the moon through the small window. Cora locked eyes with Derek before a second before he began to lower himself into the water. Cora held her breath while holding her brother down in the water.