Chapter 16

Stiles felt a burn in his eyes that he'd never felt before; it didn't hurt; it was more like a numb heat. "What's going on?" He asked, scrambling to his feet rushing to the small pond. Falling to his knee's Stiles watched as his reflection settled.

"I–I don't know. It could have something to do with your mate, or it could be because you're a Shepherd. There's also a chance of both being some kind of a possibility at the same time." Emberly stuttered out. She'd never seen this; supernatural creature's eyes didn't change like that.

"Emberly, what do we do?" Stiles turned to her, hoping she could give him any answer.

"We–" Emberly paused as Stiles' eyes began to settle, but not into the color she was expecting. "They've stopped."

Stiles turned quickly back to the pond. "They're red."

"Because you're a shepherd, you can know when stances change in your pack, sometimes it can reflect in your eyes. This was slightly different; I think your powers were detecting that, but it was stronger and like the power was fighting because of who it was happening to." Emberly smiled, sitting next to Stiles. "Your mate's become an Alpha, but not any Alpha, a True Alpha; he had to accept what was happening; he struggled, so the color of his eyes fought each other."

"So, Derek's, he's okay." Stiles felt like crying; he was thrilled to know that Derek was okay. For so long, a creeping feeling sat in the pit of his stomach, tying him that something was wrong, but it's gone now. "Is this going to affect anything with Chase? I'm not different, am I? I still well, I guess I don't have a choice, but I do want to help."

"It shouldn't. We have to hope that Chase is strong enough to handle everything now."

Ω∆Ω

A short few hours later, that felt like a lifetime to Stiles; the conservatory filled with the Valentine pack members, there were a mountain ash circle and the ring of wolfsbane that Emberly told him about. Stiles assumed the mountain ash was to keep anyone from intervening in the spell. Emberly stood before him, naked and beginning to burn herself; her ashes were drifting down to the wolfsbane at her feet, causing them to smoke. Chase laid in the ashes and wolfsbane, also naked, which Stiles questioned, what next he needed to strip too? Because that wasn't happening.

Not long before they were put into the rings, Stiles was instructed on what he was to do. At the full moon's highest point in the sky, Stiles was to hold his hands out over Chase before grabbing handfuls of the ash and wolfsbane around him. He would dust Chase's body and say a small spell; after that, the Alpha power would transfer to Stiles; he would then say another spell to heal Chase and then repeat the first spell to give Chase the power back.

It all sounded so simple, but Stiles knew there was so much more to this than he knew.

"The moon Stiles, I'm all burnt out." Emberly gasped out, feeling drained from using so much of her power.

Stiles grabbed the burning ash and wolfsbane, beginning to cover Chase with it. There was a surge of power, and Stiles felt the magic flowing through him. The next few moments were a blur. Having the ability of an Alpha filled him felt similar to the feeling of finding out Derek was now an Alpha.

Stiles grabbed another handful of ash. His hand moved over Chase's chest and pressed the ash to it. Stiles could feel how broken Chase was; it hurt. Stiles did the same thing to the rest of Chase's body; he felt the man slowly healing. When Stiles felt Chase was strong enough, he began to give the Alpha power back to him.

His mind began to clear as the spell finished; Stiles felt like he had an out of body experience; Stiles had no control of what he was doing; it was like he had done it before. Stiles was bent over gasping for air; he could care less about Chase at that second; he couldn't believe what had happened.

There was something else, a change in the air; it wasn't Chase or any of the rest of the Valentine pack; it was Stiles.