Chapter 15

Anti's eyes opened to a sky much bluer than he was used to seeing. He cringed and shaded his eyes from the bright sun then looked around his environment. Everything was so vibrant and blocky, unlike home where everything melded together under the fog and changed colors depending on the lighting. He was still in his loose, dark green tunic and brown trousers, capped off by his slender boots. There weren't any humans that he could see, and the concept that they were all around him was altogether foreign to him. He was nervous and shook a little as he stood up. His back still wasn't all healed and he groaned at the strain on it.

He was at the outskirts of a town, amid a cluster of bushes, and the first thing that caught his attention were the big monsters on the streets. He had thought he knew a lot about life on Earth, but apparently there was some stuff you just never learned. He crept forward slowly, approaching the back of a house. The opening of a door made him jump to the side and bend down quickly. He watch the first human he had ever laid eyes on walk out their back door and sit lazily on a porch chair. He curiously watched the old man lift something to his mouth and let out a puff of smoke, staring out into the horizon. He assumed it was just past sunrise.

He wasted no more time in moving away from the house and onto the sidewalk. Thankfully there weren't many people outside yet, but he still got weird looks from everyone who did see him. He didn't care all that much though and it definitely didn't slow him down at all. He would've just flown towards where his human was, but he wanted to take in the place first and experience human life first hand. It was so intriguing to him and at first he didn't fully understand anything really. There were so many things he had no clue about. He walked towards where the pull inside him was leading him, going in the right direction albeit slowly.

It felt not right to be in this world, he wasn't used to its differences yet. It was harder to breathe and his bones felt heavier, not to mention there would be all new creatures here for him to have some fun with. He smiled at the thought. Briefly Dark crossed his mind and he wondered how he was doing with the change. He still felt as if he didn't belong here, and there was a longing in his heart that wished would go away. He wondered if Dark felt the same way.

He neared the edge of the town and frowned, realizing that his was not in the town and he hadn't even needed to go through it. He didn't mind, though, because he assumed he would probably have to get used to it at some point. He made sure he was out of sight and took a running start into his shadow form. It made him ache for his wings back, but they had been ripped off as punishment. Even if he didn't think he deserved it.

A sudden stirring in his stomach made him realize how anxious he was to meet him. The man he would probably live with for the rest of his life- unless he hated him, which he didn't think was likely. They were practically the same person, how could he hate himself? It was only a matter of time before a house appeared in front of him, hidden in the trees around it. He knew this had to be it, because the tug had moved up to his throat and he could literally feel his presence nearby. He wondered if he knew or how he would take it. What was his name? What if he had a significant other?

Anti landed a foot away from the porch and stared at the front door. It was a nice house at least. He shook all the thoughts from his mind and worked himself up. He took a deep breath and walked up to the door, knocking on it timidly once then a bit more forcefully. He heard footsteps from inside and braced himself. The handle turned and the door swung backwards, revealing the man he had spent so long speculating about. His hair was a shade lighter then his, but still green which made Anti smile hesitantly. The man's eyes widened and his jaw went slack, he took in Anti and let the door fall all the way open.