"Baby?" Roman asks as he pulls back from our make out session. 

"Yeah?" I ask in return. 

He sniffs the air asking, "Is something burning?" 

My eyes widen as I remember the cup of noodles I put in the microwave. 

"Shit!" I exclaim as I jump off his lap. How are they burning?! I put them on for three minutes like always. When I get to my kitchen I run to the microwave and pull it open. 

"You've got to be shitting me," I say when I realize the problem. My dumbass forgot to put water in it. With a heavy sigh I pull out the cup and walk over to the garbage. As I throw it away I hear snickering coming from behind me. 

"It's not funny," I turn to tell my boyfriend. 

"It's pretty funny," he says with a smile. 

"I blame you for this," I tell him. He grins happily and asks how it's possibly his fault I forgot to do a basic thing. 

"You had me distracted with all your... everything really," I tell him with a smirk. 

"Well then I'll take all the blame," he says walking over to me. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me closer to him. My hands rest on his chest as I lean in to kiss him.

I can see his soul that's mostly pink but it's also dark blue. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask. 

"Of course," he responds with a smile. I raise my eyebrow because even though he has a smile on his face his soul shows something different. 

"I forget you can see my soul," he says losing his smile. I don't say anything. 

"What do you see?" he asks softly. 

"You're sad about something," I say back. 

"I just miss my uncle. As you know he left the other day," he tells me. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sure it must suck considering how close you two are," I respond and he nods. 

"It does suck but I'll be okay. He'll only be gone for a few months so," he says smiling sadly. 

"Maybe I can meet him someday," I suggest. He smiles and nods in agreement. 

"We should actually do our homework," I say after a moment of silence. 

"Aren't you still hungry?" he asks. 

"A little bit but I think I'll just eat something else," I say as I walk over to the cabinet. I pull out a box of Wheat Thins and walk into the living room.

I grab my bag and take a seat on the couch before pulling out my homework. 

"Want some?" I ask as I open the box of Wheat Thins. I look at him to see him on his phone. 

"No thanks babe," he says as he locks his phone. "Do you want to come over to dinner tonight?" he asks. 

"Sure. I'd love to. You've met my parents. It's only fair I meet yours," I say with a smile. 

"They're looking forward to it," he says pulling out his phone. He types something and then locks it. I look down at my homework and start to work on it. I continue to munch on my Wheat Thins at the same time. After eating quite a few I decide to stop. I don't want to spoil my appetite. I'm excited to meet Roman's parents. As long as I've known Roman I've never actually been to his house. He always came to mine or we hung out at the park or at Low Creek. It makes me happy that he wants me to meet them. The two of us finish up our homework about the same time. When we realize we're both done we decide to head to his house. I make sure to lock up before we leave.