Chapter 4

Marty’s POV

“Hey man its Marty. I have a question for you do you have a minute?”

“Sure shoot.” Tank said.

“Have you had any trouble with cat shifters in your area especially towards Illinois” I asked, dreading the answer.

“Actually we have been dealing with a problem down here. We got the scent of some unknown cats in our area about six months ago but we couldn’t find them or where they were staying. We found a human girl about 18 or 19 who was pregnant while patrolling but she smelled of panther. After talking to her we found out what is going on. These cats are using some kind of date rape drug and drugging human girls and trying to get them pregnant. If the girls get pregnant they take them and keep them until they give birth. Then they kill them.” I growled realizing what may have happened to Hattie. My Hattie. They touched MY Hattie.

“I think I have found another that got away.” I took two deep breaths. “A woman arrived here on Monday pregnant with a set of cats. We are going to talk to her soon and hopefully get some more information for you.”

“Thanks Marty. This needs to stop, so anything you can find out would be a great help. We still don’t know what they plan to do with all of these cats.” Tank sighed.

“I’ll get back to you tomorrow after I talk to Hattie.” I hung up the phone and gently picked up my perfect little mate and sat down with her cradled in my arms on the couch. Just thinking about what she must have been through makes me want to find them and kill them all.

I bury my face in her neck and take a deep breath of her hair. She must use something with apple scent in her hair the smell is intoxicating. Wait there is something wrong with her scent. I can smell my scent on her from when I put it there earlier but the scent of the cubs is still not making any sense. I swear I can smell both panther and cougar from the cubs. But that would mean…. No I am not going to even think that way.

Otto walked in and took a seat on one of the couches. “She is strong she can make it through everything. Don’t worry.”

I shook my head. “Otto I don’t know if or when it will be OK. I talked to Tank from Indiana and there is something going on down there.” I started rubbing Hattie’s arm to try and calm myself down. “There are a group of cougars and panthers drugging women or should I say girls and trying to get them pregnant. If the girls become pregnant they are keeping them until they give birth and then killing them. I think Hattie was supposed to be one of them.”

Hattie started to stir in my arms. She stretched her arms and arched her back pushing her chest into mine and brought me so close to heaven. She opened her eyes and looked around until she figured out she was cuddled right in my lap. That was the moment she jumped off my lap and sat on the couch next to me instead. She covered her mouth as another yawn escaped. “How did I end up in your lap?”

“I’m sorry Hattie. You looked so beautiful and I just needed to hold you.” I reached over and cupped her cheek. ”I just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Indiana. It seems they have been having some trouble with girls going missing down there.”

“What does that have to do with me?” she looked between Otto and I.

“Let me go check to see if Patsy is here yet. After you tell us your story Marty can tell you about his call to Tank. Do you want Frank and Sally to come in as well?” Otto asked.

“That’s fine I would rather only tell the story once.” She looked at me and then at my hand. Damn she noticed I was still cupping her cheek. I reluctantly let go of her cheek but held it out in hopes she would take it and she did. We sat next to each other waiting for everyone else to come in just holding hands. She kept looking at me from the corner of her eye making me wish I knew what she was thinking.