Chapter 10

Hattie's POV

There was Logan. Broad and tall like all the men in my life these days. His brown hair the same as the last time I saw him. His blue eyes so much like mine. He looked totally shocked. I concede seeing your sister that you didn't know was pregnant looking about five or six months pregnant would do that to a person, poor guy. Wait until he finds out what has really been going on. He will have a total meltdown. Or maybe I should say explosion. Yeah explosion is the right word. I pity the guy who did this to me when Logan finds out. He became a cop for a reason. He hates seeing people hurt in anyway.

"Don't mess with our Hattie she is part of our family now. She ran from you and we took her in." Patsy looked Logan straight in the eye for a good couple of seconds. Before adding, "Let me know if you need me Marty I have to cover my tables." Logan watched her leave. I could see a little awe in Logan's expression. Yeah Patsy can certainly do that to a person.

I took my turn to stare at Logan. I was so surprised that he was here. He must have used his connections to find me, but why was he looking for me we barely spoke before I left? He just kept staring at my stomach like something was going to jump out and bite him. I knew he shouldn't have watched Alien all those time when we were younger. He always had trouble with movies like that.

"Logan I am up here. How did you find me? More importantly why are you here?" I had to know why. I doubt he would come just because I left. We weren't that close. I mean I love him, he is my brother and all but we hardly talked lately.

"Hattie you left and told no one where you were going. All you left was note to Mom and Dad." The venom when he said the word Dad did not go unnoticed. I wonder what he has done now. "I was lucky to find it on the counter when I stopped over their house on Friday. I have been looking for you ever since." He did look a mess. He had bags under his blue eyes that were the same color as mine. We didn't look a lot alike but our eyes were the same color.

"Logan I'm sorry. So much has happened. I thought about calling you but one thing after another happened that I just haven't had the chance. I don't even have a phone yet." I was really feeling bad that I hadn't called him. Maybe when he finds out everything else he will forgive me.

"Yes I know you took a train to nowhere New York then proceeded to have your apartment burglarized. That is how I found you. Thank goodness I am a cop or I never would have found you." Logan threw his hands in the air. He was really getting worked up. I tried to wiggle out of Marty's grip but it was of no use. The other customers were watching us. I have to get him quiet or way more of my personal life will be made public than I would like.

"I am sorry Logan. Why don't you sit with Marty and me? We can talk?" I was really feeling like a pile of crap. I really should have at least told him. Maybe just maybe he would have understood why I had to leave.

"Ok Hattie. Please no holding back I need to know everything." He finally took a step towards me but Marty wouldn't let go. Logan took another step and Marty let out a very quiet snarl.

I snapped my head around and tried to talk to him in my head. 'Stop Marty he is my brother. He won't hurt me.'

Marty shook his head and responded back, 'Sorry.' He let me go and I took the last few steps and hugged Logan for all I was worth. We may not talk much but he is my big brother.

I let go and stepped back. "Thanks for looking for me." I smiled sheepishly.

"So is he the father?" He nodded towards Marty.

"No I am not but I love her. So I will be their father. I am Marty by the way." My jaw dropped. Logan looked just as surprised. He was already thinking along those lines? Did he just say he loved me? I just decided I was really going to give this relationship a go and he was already having us raise the babies together. I bet he has us having a bunch more kids too. Man he needs to slow down.