Chapter 15

Patsy’s POV

The thought of marrying Logan tonight had my body humming. If only we could. “We will be getting married but not until Saturday in the evening so everyone can come. Not to mention we need a marriage license.” I smiled as I wound my arms around his neck.

“Ok I will wait until then but no longer.” He grabbed the back of my legs so he was carrying me bridal style. “Let’s go tell Hattie.” He carried me into the house while I snuggled into him.

“Who needs to walk when I have you to carry me? I could get used to this.” I smiled into his eyes.

“I am not carrying you around while you are working but any other time I wouldn’t mind. We will have to try different positions though. Like piggy back or piggy front…..” He trailed off.

“You just want my legs wrapped around you, you sly dog.” I gave him a half smile and smacked his chest.

“Do you blame me? You have great legs.” He slid his hand along my thigh getting awfully close to my backside, then right back to behind my knees.

“Yes I do, thank you for noticing.” I ran my hand through his hair and kissed his cheek.

“What was that for?” He said as he looked at me.

“For be so observant.” I leaned back and kicked my legs. “Get a move on slow poke. We have some news to spread!”

He brought me into the house carrying from room to room looking for Hattie. We finally had to go up to Marty’s room to find her. I knocked as Logan’s arms were occupied. When the door opened Marty just looked at us and raised an eyebrow. “We have something to tell you two! Can we come in?” I gave him my biggest smile just in case he didn’t want to interrupt them. Too bad for him we will whether he likes it or not.

“Sure come on in.” He opened the door so Logan could carry me in. He walked in and sat down on the couch with me still in his arms so I was sitting on his lap. Marty closed the door then sat on the armrest by Hattie.

“Hi you two what has you two all excited?” Hattie asked.

“I am not surprised you can see our excitement because we are super excited! We are getting married on Saturday. You will both of course be there too.”

“Of course we’ll be there. Do you know what dress you will wear? Who’s going to perform the ceremony?” Hattie asked leaning forward getting as excited as me.

I tilted my head to the side as a thought hit me. “Hattie what do you think about a double wedding. We are both getting married anyway and we are sisters or will be soon. What do you think?” I clasped my hands together in front of me begging. “You know this’ll be awesome.”

“What do you think Marty are you ok with a double wedding?” Hattie looked up at Marty and I knew his answer just by the look in his eye.

“Yeah I can’t wait. Ok do you have paper in this room? Never mind we need to start making some lists and we need to talk to Klaira. Come one Hattie lets go down to the kitchen to find Klaira.” I stood up on the couch and looked down at Logan. “Come on let’s try piggy front what do you say?”

Logan laughed but stood up anyway. “Works for me.” I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He pulled me close placing kisses on my neck.

“As wonderful as that feels we have a lot of work to do, so Mush!” I pointed to the door and he looked at me like I was nuts.

“Really Patsy? Mush?” He shook his head but walked out the door anyway. I hugged him settling my head on his shoulder as he carried me downstairs to the kitchen.