32

Chapter Twenty-Two|Tyla

"Tyla?!" Mya shouted out. I didn't respond, "I know you can hear me."

"Go away," I shouted back, "I said I wanted to be alone."

"We both know that I will never listen to you," She announced as she rounded the corner. Mya walked up to me as I sat on the railing of the balcony, "I hope you're not thinking of jumping?"

I chuckled, "No, no, I'm not impressed. I am just; I don't know what I'm feeling."

"I'm listening," Mya said.

"I don't know, Mya. I lived through abuse and guilt, thinking I killed my mother, thinking it was my fault. It was told to me over and over again, it was my fault, and I believed it. Letting my father-well, should I even call him that?"

"No, not really," Mya mumbled, "Continue."

"My whole life is a lie," I cried, "Why me?! What did I do to deserve this! I could've lived my life, not knowing!"

"Tyla?" Mya called out; she lifted my head to make me look at her, "As Cristian stated, sooner or later, they would've come for you. Then you really would've been in trouble because you wouldn't have Cristian to save you. This information would've reached you."

I wiped my eyes; I hated crying, and doing in front of people was the worst. Mya was the only person who saw me cry since she never listens to me in the first place. Sighing, I glance up to the sky, letting my breathing subside.

"I'm I crazy?" I asked out loud.

Mya chuckled, "Yes, but I wouldn't want it any other way."

"I think I should go apologies to him," I told Mya, "It's the least I can do."

Mya got off the railing and shrug before walking off, "Go get your man sis, I hope it ends in you finally getting spread out."

My eyes widen in horror, "You shut up; there is no spreading out going on."

Mya's hand lifted in the air, "Yeah, sure."

I rolled my eyes and got off the balcony railing. I was looking out at the scenery one last time before leaving to talk with Cristian. My heart started to increase in speed each step I took to the door. His office door was closed, which sent relief throughout my body.

"Maybe he doesn't want to talk," I mumbled to myself and begin to walk away. I soon stop before turning around.

Stop being a baby bitch, Tyla! Get it together.

My first knock came quietly; I know he couldn't have heard it. So, I tried again but a little this time. Once I heard him say 'Come in,' my heart begins to drop. Why was I so nervous to see him, it's not like I am confessing anything. I'm just apologizing for my outburst since it was a bit harsh, and I ran away.

I sighed, "I wanted to come and tell you I was sorry."

Cristian got up from his chair and rushed over to me. His arms wrapped around me, pulling into his chest. The softness of his breath tickling my ear as we stayed wrapped up, soothe my nervousness. I unconsciously wrapped my arms around his waist, feeling myself calm down instantly at his touch. He pulled back slightly to rub the tears away with his fingers before pulling back into him. Soon nothing but the ticking of the clock filled the room.

After a few minutes, he begins to speak, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, not trusting my voice. I didn't want to have another crying session in front of him.

Twisted Faithजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें