23

Chapter Twenty-Three|Tyla

"To think that your dumbass fiancé would leave you here alone," Travis stated.

As we stepped on the elevator, he pulled me in close, placing an arm around my neck. I guess not to let anyone noticed that there was a gun held to my side. With him sauntering towards the entrance of the hotel and me trudging along with him, I expected someone to witness it.

"Shut up, Travis," I told him, but he laughed.

"You are helpless," Gibed Travis, who was looking around. I realized the other guy who shot ponytail was not here. He must've gone to get the car.

I explored my surroundings for anything or anyone to help me with the situation. Yelling would only make things worse then what they are. And by the people that exiting and entering into the hotel, I knew they weren't going to help. Primarily since both of us are black. I have been here too long to know this.

Travis must've sensed it because his grip became harder, "You bet not be thinking about doing anything."

I rolled my eyes. Travis knew me so well. As a black car pulled in front of us, the bodyguard hopped out of the car and opened the door. Travis dragged me over to the vehicle and tried to place me inside. I pushed and pulled as much as I can to at least, try to buy some time. But to no use, he was still able to push me inside.

"You are fidgety for a person being held by gunpoint." He said as the car begin to pull off from the lot.

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to talk to him. My phone was hidden in my bra so he couldn't see it in the dark. I watched the guy driving, making sure I remember each place I go pass. Just in case if I needed to text someone my location.

"We are being followed," The guy blurted out. Travis looked behind him, and I followed his gaze. There was a truck following closely behind us. Since the truck windows were tinted, I couldn't see who was inside.

"Push the gas!" Travis shouted, but before the guy could, we were rammed in the back. The jerk of the car forced us forward, "Go!"

The guy pushed on the gas, trying to go faster, but the car kept ramming in the back to the point where we drove off-road. My screams were caught in my throat as the car swerved around. The moment the car hit the trees, I assumed I was dead. I kept going in and out of unconscious. But when I was awake, I could taste the coppery blood pooling in my mouth. I could feel it grazing my teeth and soaking my tongue and feeling the aching and cracks in my bones. Each blow felt like rocks were burrowing into my skin.

"Tyla!" I could hear someone yelling my name, but I was so out of it that I couldn't make who it was, "Tyla! Say something!"

I muster up what I could and shouted out, "I'm here!"

The door opened, "I'm going to pull you out."

When I was finally was out of the car, Aris looked down at me. A small smile that I could muster appeared on my face. He picked me up from the ground and carried me to the truck, placing me in the back seat. He closed the door and was starting to walk to the other side. That's when I spotted Travis crawling out of the car, even though the tinted window I could feel him staring at me.

"Aris!" I yelled, but everything was getting darker, "Look..o-"

Travis shot at Aris two times, hitting him in the side and the leg. Aris bent over in pain before aiming back. Before I closed my eyes, I saw a dead Travis falling to the ground. My breath shallows as I let the darkness consume fully.

Cristian

We finally made it back to the hotel, rushing to get back to the room. When Apollo pushed the door down, Gisella stood up, holding onto the bed railing. I glanced down at the dead body in the middle of the floor. When I turned him over, it was one of the bodyguards. Apollo held onto her as she tried to make her way towards me. She squeezed onto my arm, making sure I was paying attention to her.

"You have to go find her," She muttered, "They left."

"Where did they go," I questioned, but she shrugged her shoulders. I smacked my teeth, "Apollo, let her stay here. We need to go find them."

Apollo nodded, but I knew he didn't want to leave her, "Go. I'll be fine."

He looked back at her once more before following me out of the room. We entered the car and speed off into the night. They had to be around here somewhere. Glancing down on my phone, I spotted the text messages that Aris sent to me.

"I know where they are at," I said. Apollo nodded and followed my lead. We pulled up to a car crash; bodies spread everywhere. I walked over to one of our trucks and looked inside. Tyla laid out in the back seat unconscious, I hurried. up and opened the door, "We need to go to the hospital."

"Cristian! Aris is hurt." Apollo shouted.

"Bring him to the car," I told him. We tried to comfortably placed them in the car before driving to the closes hospital we can find. I rushed in, leaving Apollo behind in the vehicle. Making my way to the front desk, I slammed my hand on the table, making sure she was looking at me.

"We need help." I said, trying to stay calm, "We have two injured people in my car."

She nodded and announced on the intercom. A few people rushed out followed me outside to the car. They placed both Tyla and Aris on the gurney wheeling away from us. We tried to go follow them but stopped us.

"Sir, your going have to stay here." One of the nurses said as she guided me to a waiting area, "Place wait out here until a doctor greets you."

I couldn't sit down, I was to worked up to even think striaght. Pacing back and forth within the waiting room. Apollo sat down in one of the chairs. My hand sat under my chin, tapping uncontrollably. Cesar went too far this time, and now we need payback. With Kyle and Travis out of the picture this might leave him open and focused on other things.

We need to hit him where it hurts.

"He went to far," Hee spoke and I agreed, "We need to do something back before he strikes again."

"I know." I retorts, "We have to come up with something, this is his last chance."

"What are we going to do?' Apollo asked, "The ball is almost here and we have yet to solve the problem."

"The only way to know where he is hiding," I started, "We need to go home."

"To Italy?" He blurted, "But you haven't been there since you and your father fall out."

I smirk, "It is about time we make an appearance."