26

Chapter Twenty-Six|Tyla

Cesar in the mm.

___________________

"Are you sure about this?" I asked for like the fifth time, "I don't think I should be here. This meeting is a family matter."

"It's fine," Cristian reassured, "And you are technically family."

"Not yet," I blurted, not realizing what I said.

"Not yet?" He smirked.

"I-uh-" I stammered all over the place, "Forget it, Cristian."

He turned his focus back on the road as he was inching closer to their father's house. It's similar to Cristian villa, but it had more ground to cover. Their land increased, as though there was no end to it. Ella and Cristian both exited out of the car, but I stayed inside. I sat there, fiddling my thumbs with my face focused on the floor of the vehicle.

"Come on, Tyla," Cristian opens the door, "We've got to go inside."

"You do," I said.

"Angel, if you don't get out of this car, I'm going to take you out myself," He added. My eyes widened as I hopped out of the car, not wanting to take his warning lightly. I followed them as they reached the front door. 

Before one of them started to knock, the door opened. My gaze quickly adverted down to a short woman. I wasn't the tallest but she sure was shorter than me. Her hair cascaded in lustrous waves down to her chest. Her skin was soft and tan, flawless for someone her age. Her eyes seemed to have gotten brighter, more brilliant when she realized who was at the door.

"Cris and Ellie, " She exclaimed, "You made it."

"Yeah, we decided to come back home," Ella told her as the woman brought them both into a hug.

"It has been so long since you saw me," She said, "Don't let it happen again."

Cristian gave her a slight smile and nodded, "I will make sure of that, Natalia."

"Please, call mom," She suggested, "I think it has been long overdue. You have been calling me my name since you were young."

"Yeah," He responded.

"You must be Tyla?" She said as she focused attention now on me. Natalia looked me up and down before stopping at my face. She gave me a tight-lipped smile, holding her hand to me, "It is nice to meet you." 

I nodded and agreed, not wanting to get into an altercation with his family. Plus, I'm still hurt by the incident in Detroit. I placed my hand into hers and tried to shake her hand, but she quickly removed it. Walking back to the door, she stepped back, creating space to walk in for all three of us.

"Welcome home," She said brightly. I was the last person to enter the home. After seeing Cristian's villa, I knew what to expect when entering the house. From the floor to the wall, it smells luxurious. 

"Where is my father?' Cristian asked.

She pointed to the backyard, "He is in the back, talking on the phone."

He nodded and turned to me, "I'll be back. Stay close to Gisella."

I gulped and walked closer to her. Gisella smiled when she saw me, "Let me get you, girls, some tea."

Gisella escorted me to the kitchen as we both sat down at the island. The woman back was towards me, but something about her still made me feel uneasy. I texted a quick message to Mia before placing it back into my pocket. I wanted to let her know just in case anything pops off. She'll be on the first flight here.