Chapter 10: Real-life (Part 2)

Hydra's POV

     A loud yell erupted near the area, causing me to jolt awake from the bed.

     My head turned to gaze at my surroundings. I was in the same room as always, except Zantai was nowhere near me. I exhaled, leaping off the bed and stepping out of the room door.

     The mansion was suspiciously empty, which only cause me to hurry along faster.

     My sensors rose into the air, and with ease, I found the source of the sound. Zantai was...on the ground? I panicked, which leaping out the wide-open door and into the cold. A quick shift on the grass below me, and the sight ahead of me was shocking.

     "Zantai!" I called to him, quickly dashing forward and kneeling next to him. I wrapped an arm around his torso and pulled him up, sitting him against the wall. He had a pulse, which was relieving. "Zantai, wake up, man..."

     "Huh..." Zantai huffed lightly, his eyes still shut tight. "I can't do this anymore dude..."

     "Yes, you can...are you okay? What happened to you..?" I patted his back lightly.

     "Sammy's dead, dude. Fuck...she's f-fucking dead..!" Quickly, tears began to build upon the Blaziken's face.

     "What?" I felt my heart drop. Another death?

     I quietly left the Blaziken to rest against the wall, but because of what he said, I found myself peering into the room.

     A bloodied corpse was hanging on a rope, her shadowed eyes facing hopelessly up to the high ceiling. Her legs were dangling and swaying back and forth on the noose, and her arms were gently placed on her front side, her joints locked in a spastic motion. Occasionally, her body twitched, another breathless attempt from the Braixen. Poor Sammy...she was such a sweet Pokemon...

     "Hydra?" A voice called out to me. It was Luna. "I-I'm a bit hurt...can you help me?" The Umbreon called out to me. He seemed to be bleeding from the chest. "I was attacked in my sleep...I d-don't know how anyone could have gotten in..."

     "Wait. You're telling me the murderer is still out there?" I rose to my feet and glared at the Umbreon.

     "Murderer?" Luna inquired, peering into the dark room. He flinched away, breathing heavily. "I-Is that Sammy!?"

     "Luna, I can't heal your wounds right now, I have to find the murderer, right now." I clenched my fists. This anger...it's almost like I've never felt it before. Another person decided to murder...

     "D-Do you think...it could be a suicide?" Luna turned to me with a frown.

     "Maybe...but I'll keep that suggestion in mind..."

     "Yeah...I'll keep all of this in mind."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

     Nightshade's POV

     A new wave of emotion flushed around the house. With ease, I had already felt dread.

     "Inu, wake up." I extended my hand to gently shake the Infernape's shoulder.

     "Fuck off..." Inu groaned and slapped my hand away, planting her face in the pillow.

     "Alright, be that way." I groaned in annoyance. It wasn't easy switching rooms, but after a while, I'd get used to it. Footsteps lingered outside of the dorm, so I also figured people were awake after hearing that terrible scream. I rose to my feet, landing on all fours.