Chapter 7: Shock

THIRD PERSON

     The air was stagnating—something quite common to everyone in the room.

     "We did it?" Bigby sighed in relief and shifted his gaze to Sam. "We did it, you heard?"

     "Yeah," Luster began and offered a glare to the Gallade—who seemed to be quiet. "We did."

     "I-I didn't want to." Galant hiccuped, feeling tears build up in his eyes. "I j-just wanted to leave, I regretted it later!" He called.

     "That does not excuse you from murder." Hydra frowned before crossing his arms sternly. "You realize what you've done, right?"

     "After riskin' our lives, you now risk yours." Zantai scoffed and mimicked Hydra's actions.

     "Risk?" Sam cackled at the top of her lungs. "There's no risk...he's going to fucking die guaranteed!"

     Suddenly, a large lever shifted from inside of everyone's wooden podiums—except for Galant.

     "Pull the lever if you agree that Galant is the murderer!" Sam smirked widely as she grinned at everyone.

     A new feeling overtook the room by storm.

     "Oh, and I made it light enough for everyone." Sam giggled at a certain royal Salazzle.

     "Shut the fuck up." Nightshade hissed and pulled the lever down with ease.

     One by one, everyone seemed to pull the lever. The last one to pull was Sherwood. With a big sigh, he clutched the handle.

     "Man...you were my roommate..." Sherwood shook his head and yanked the lever down. The second the final one was pulled, the lighting in the room disappeared.

     "Who the fuck killed the lights, man?" Zantai called into the darkness.

     "Not sure..." Hydra's sensors rose into the air as he detected the scenery around him. "Sam is gone..."

     "She's gone?" Sammy whispered. "Why would she leave?"

     "Ladies and gentlemen!" A different, yet familiar voice cackled through what seemed like an intercom.

     Bigby's POV

     What an odd feeling. I felt as if we were doing the right thing, yet it was terribly wrong.

     "What's going on?" I shuddered in the dark. I heard everyone's footsteps scatter in the void, and suddenly, I was gripped protectively on the arm. "The fuck!?" I hissed.

     "I-I'm sorry..." I heard Loki's voice whisper to me. "I don't know what's happening..." She murmured, causing me to pause.

     "It's fine..." I sighed and stepped closer to her. It wasn't long before the lights turned back on and...

     "Galant was found guilty! You all were correct! It's now time for his punishment!" Sam giggled through an intercom.

     "What's gonna happen?" Xeonix crossed his arms.

     "Guys!" Luster uttered from the other side of the room. "There's an open part of the room now!"

     We all turned to gaze at the Luxray, who seemed to be facing a new room. There was no door—almost like a secret door opened up to a large, dark hallway. A very, very dark hallway, if I must say.