Chapter 4: Numbness is temporary

THIRD PERSON

     There were only a few words to describe the moment unfolding in the mansion.

     Despair was one of them, and it heavily lingered around the air outside.

     "What..? How the hell is that possible?" Inu hiccuped from being on the brink of tears. The sight itself was horrifying for her. All of that motivation to escape, and finally have it directly in front of you, only for it to be shattered in pieces.

     "I warned you not to break down the windows or doors," Sam crossed her arms and tapped her foot against the hardwood floor, "the heating unit is not prepared, so everything in the house will now be a lot colder."

     "What is this, a flat?" Prince scoffed, turning around to hiss loudly at the Braixen.

     "Why are you all freaking out?" The royal Salazzle also folded her arms. "It's just glass."

     "That glass looks quite thick to me," Loki frowned, hovering a claw over her chin, "there just has to be a different way."

     The royal Salazzle rolled her eyes and gazed up at the bright light illuminating from the plexiglass. It seemed so unnatural, almost like a machine was providing rays similar to the sun. Nonetheless, Nightshade's wings spread wide open. It wasn't until then that the lights finally gleamed through and directly onto her visible purple scales, another attribute of hers uncommon to a Salazzle—disregarding the white streak running down her face and stopping at the beginning of the muzzle—however still left unquestioned.

     With that, the purple-scaled Salazzle's wings beat as she propelled herself into the air.

     "I don't think that is the greatest of ideas," Leon frowned and slightly walked forward to get a better angle of the Salazzle, "you sense it too, right Hydra?" He turned to the taller Lucario.

     "Yeah...I don't like it," Hydra huffed and dashed forward to gaze up at the airborne Salazzle, "Nightshade! You need to stop!" The Lucario called.

     With no warning, the royal Salazzle slowed down upon nearing the glass. The light was blinding, yet still somehow able to be seen through. The scenery replicated somewhat of a sky—yet somehow unsuccessfully. Nightshade's body swiftly shifted as her tail caught in flames, slamming harshly against the plexiglass. The sounds of scales screeching against the material eerily reverberated around the area.

     "See?" Nightshade called in the air, the only sound being her wings beating quickly in the air. She confidently smirked and turned back to see the damage she had done.

     Not even a scratch had been done to the glass.

     "W-What..?" Nightshade gulped, gazing around the area.

     "Please, run!" Loki called as loudly as possible, gazing in horror as an Inteleon shifted into sight, aiming his index finger at the royal Salazzle. Nightshade attempted to move in the air and quickly shifted the angle of her wings. Flying higher into the sky, it wasn't long before a beam of water energy came hurling to her, slamming directly onto her chest.

     "Her body is too weak to survive that fall, by the way," Sam grinned before glaring at the crowd, "someone's gotta be the brave one, right?"

     The group of Pokemon were hesitant, but it wasn't long before one revealed to care about the royal Salazzle.

     Hydra quickly readied himself and dashed full-speed out of the crowd.

     "I knew it," Sam giggled, "why is it him?" She gazed at Prince. "Shouldn't it be someone else?"