Chapter 5: Distrust

Sammy's POV

"Sammy?" A voice called to me from the void. The void that greeted me ahead was endless—practically nonexistent. Until suddenly, I arose.

"Holy shit, you scared me, girl." Inu frowned at me, her position kneeling down to me.

I was on my back, lying awkwardly in the grass. Did I lose consciousness?

"You're fucking lying!" A voice caused me to snap back to reality. Nightshade seemed to be backing away from the pool, pointing hopelessly at a Luxray.

"Stop being in denial, he's dead! Leon is dead!" Luster hissed, nearing the Salazzle with a stern glare.

That's right, the horrid, terrible sight of Leon's corpse inside of the pool. I'll never forget it.

Something tells me I won't be forgetting anything inside of here.

Is this foreshadowing?

"I expected you to vomit, you know?" Inu's sweetened voice caused me to shift my attention back to her.

"Me too...I just wish I didn't faint." A soft frown tugged at my muzzle.

"You missed a few things." Bigby paced over near me and kneeled down. "A bell rang, announcing that a body was discovered. We have an hour to investigate and attempt to find out who committed the murder."

"Which means..." I shuddered. "She lied?"

"Yes, she lied to us." Prince glared at me. "She promised that whoever murdered would be allowed to leave."

"So what were you going to do about that?" Hydra crossed his arms and shared the same glare to the Charizard. "You're looking quite suspicious saying that."

"You think I did it?" Prince laughed, his powerful voice reverberating around the area. "You're hilarious..." He hissed before turning around and trampling away.

"Whatever, don't listen to him." Luster paced near the scene and gazed down at the pool. At this point, I'm glad I can't see the corpse. However, at some point, I knew I had to.

"There's no sign of struggle anywhere except..." Luster's eyes gleamed a bright red, indicating he had activated a higher caliber of sight—something common to a Luxray. "Even with this, I can barely see." He shifted his attention to everyone else. "We have to get him out of the pool."

"I got it..." Galant offered, pacing near the button and clicking it with his blade.

A loud, screeching sound caused everyone to flinch, and the pool's lid slid open. Galant readied himself and dove into the water with ease. He disappeared out of my view for a few seconds and rose up the water with a Lucario on his shoulder.

"Thank you," Luster muttered as Galant placed the Lucario on the soft grass.

"Looks like he has a couple—" Luster began, but was immediately interrupted by Hydra.

"Wait a minute," Hydra spoke sternly and gazed down at the pool. "There is a button here...inside of the pool."

"You mean...one to cover the pool?" Luna finally spoke up from his terrified stance. He seemed to be shaking in utter fear, the sight of the body sure affected him worse than me.

"Don't come for me," Hydra commanded and readied his body before quickly diving inside of the pool. This caused me to finally rise to my feet and dash near the edge of the pool. Hydra was swimming deeper inside, and his paw carefully clicked something on the wall.