Chapter 6: Never

Luna's POV

     I did not want to speak, however, this time it was for a great reason. I sat on a stool—which was propped directly in front of a podium. Everyone else seemed to be gathered in front of theirs—except for Sam, who sat on a large throne far away from us; on the other side of the room.

     "Unbelievable." Prince scoffed. "What is this for?" The Charizard picked at the wooden podium with his claws.

     "There's something I didn't tell you all." Sam grinned widely. "And for good reason!"

     "What is it now?" Inu groaned, crossing her arms in stress. She seemed seconds away from burning her podium into charcoal.

     "You all have to solve the murder! If you don't, you'll all die!" Sam giggled, clutching her throne's arm as she held a disgusting grimace.

     "W-What? You said if we killed someone, we could leave!" Sherwood gripped his podium, leaning forward to offer the evil Braixen a hiss.

     "Hey, if you're the murderer—and you did an amazing job hiding evidence—then you should have nothing to worry about! You'll leave scot-free if no one can figure out it was you!" Sam laughed lightly, her eyes closing as her paw waved in the air. "You may start now. Do not leave your podium, or you will die. You are being timed."

     Instead of the usual awkward silence that was held after every statement Sam uttered, something quite unusual occurred.

     "Alright then, let's get to work," Bigby called, his eyes gleaming with determination. "We need to have a reference as to when the murder could have happened." The midnight Lycanroc seemed to immediately take the lead in solving the murder.

     "Eh, I'm not sure. Should've been after we left the pool." Xeonix folded his arms, gazing directly at the podiums, which were organized in a neat circle.

     "Why are you all listening to her?" Nightshade snapped, crossing her arms with an attitude. "This is just what she wants, all of us to argue."

     "We're not arguing, we're trying to save ourselves!" Loki called and switched her gaze to the Salazzle.

     "So? You scared of a little Braixen, pussy?" Nightshade's tail flicked with anger. "You know what? I'm leaving! That's i—" The Salazzle was cut off by a Lucario gripping her by the wrist.

     "You're not leaving. You'll die. May I remind you, that Braixen isn't alone." Hydra's angry glare seemed to cause shudders from the Royal Salazzle, and it wasn't long before he released his grip on her wrist. It was quite fortunate how Hydra was there to save Nightshade's life...but if she keeps acting up like this, I don't how fortunate that really will be...

     "So who did it?" I muttered into the air, attempting to move on from the little mental breakdown I had earlier.

     "That's what we're tryna figure out, ya cunt!" Vince smirked widely, the Greninja's gaze locked onto mine. It was unbelievable how instantly Vince went for my throat—it was like he was born to make fun of me. It's like everyone here likes to make fun of me.

     "I couldn't care less about what follows," Prince uttered and rolled his eyes with un-amusement, "as long as I live..."

     "Oh my god, shut the fuck up!" Inu's temper was the next to shatter as she listened on to the tall Charizard's comments. "We're trying to do something here!"

     "Okay." Hydra heaved a long sigh. "Let's get back on task."

     "Definitely, after we all left Leon near the pool was when the murder happened..." Sammy placed a paw against her chin.