chapter 18 - toska

( s / n: love us again, joji - slowed and reverbed )

" and you looked at me;

like there was something worth looking at.  "

☞☞☞

[ sanji ]

FOR HIM, SLEEP WAS waking up
to a past he wanted to forget. Cold eyes, blond hair, and blood underneath his fingernails.

Sleep was when all he could see was dyed red with the deaths of the people he loved and killed.

Sleep was when he would revisit those monsters that he used to call his parents, and watch them rip the guts out of the only person who cared for him truly, helpless and frozen.

Sanji willed himself to escape from his mind prison, feeling a vacuum drop from the inside of his stomach, as his eyes refused to leave the scene of the crime.

The first thing he could feel was the cold sheets underneath his fingertips instead of the lifeless body he was hugging. Sweat stuck to his back, as his breath flew away faster than what his lungs could compensate for. His hands roved over his bed for any sort of comfort and it met with something warm.

They were calloused and tanned and Sanji grabbed it like a lifeline. Zoro's fingers was his only island in middle of the sea that ached to drown him.

"Sanji?" His tanned roommate called groggily from beside as he shifted the sheets, making Sanji flinch like a cornered animal.

Warm arms wrapped around him and it took the blond more than a second to comprehend the feeling of security that stilled the frantic muscle squeezing through the spaces of his ribs.

"It's okay," Zoro's voice sounded like it was just he and the blond in an enclosed room, with his gravelly voice reveberating in his head. "You're okay."

"You're okay."

The tan boy repeated, half-asleep, feeling Sanji's cold body meld into his hold.

I wish this warmth would last forever,

the blond thought to himself.

ill try to update again by this month! really sorry for the shortass chapter :"(

tried to drop hints on Sanji's traumatic past...did it make sense?

love you guys so fucking much stay safe