chapter 16 - alexithymia

( s/n: say what's on your mind - slchld )

" IF I TOLD YOU

ABOUT THE DARKNESS INSIDE ME

WOULD YOU STILL LOOK AT ME

LIKE I'M THE SUN? "

☞☞☞

[ sanji ]

IT WAS IN FINE ARTS CLASS THAT HE FINALLY KNEW.

The classroom's dimmed, yellow light made him sleepy and his fingers twitch, aching for a smoke.

He glanced around the lecture room to see if anyone else was falling asleep and he perked at the sight of his roommate's green hair in the row in front of him.

He tore off the edge of a page of his notebook as silently as he could and rolled it up in his palm with a devilish smirk creeping up his face.

Upon impact of the paper ball on his head, his tanned roommate shifted in his sleep, as his arm moved slightly and exposed the contents on the page of his sketchbook.

It was almost like staring at a mirror—no, he corrected himself. It was like staring at himself through the eyes of someone who had spent hours observing him. Someone who had spent hours unconsciously memorising every slant and surface of his features. Someone who adored him with every ache and release of his beating heart.

It finally dawned on him the depth of his roommate's feelings for him. The gentle strokes on the textured canvas showed his blond likeness smoking a cigarette, while the melancholic expression of his portrait seemed to transcend through the canvas to a strange feeling in his chest.

Do I really look that sad?
He mused to himself as he continued to stare at his tanned roommate's sleeping figure and the sketchbook underneath his arm.

Out of all the emotions and thoughts running through his head, his burning curiosity was the one that overwhelmed everything else.

What the hell, he wondered drily, is there to like about me?

Maybe he was mistaken, he scratched at his blond helm. Maybe he was just jumping into conclusions way too fast.

If that was the case, then he was more self-absorbed than he thought. Whatever it may be, he decided as Zoro started to stir, he will wait for his roommate to tell him.

For now, he had yet to try his new pick-up lines on the pretty raven girl in his class.

A strange thought arose at that; if my roommate was a girl, he mused,
then maybe I wouldn't mind.

short ass chapter im sorry

thanks for reading <3

your thoughts on this chapter?