chapter 14 - hesperus

read with music if you can!!
(s/n: fallingforyou - the 1975)

" IF YOU CAN HOLD ME

WITHOUT HURTING ME

YOU'LL BE THE FIRST
WHO EVER DID. "

☞☞

[ zoro ]

HE LOST HIS BREATH SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE MOMENT HE STEPPED INTO THE BLOND'S ROOM AND MET HIS BABY-BLUE EYES.

"You know," Sanji spoke, and his voice was like velvet to Zoro's ears. "I actually thought you were a weirdo from the moment I met you."

There was a rustle to his right, and he was terrified of turning and meeting that hypnotic gaze of his and letting this uncomfortable feeling in his chest implode him from inside out.

"-Well, I still think you're a weirdo," The blond continued.

Zoro caved in to the wondrous temptation in the form of a blue-eyed cook, and he looked, from the corner of his eyes.

Sanji chuckled to himself. "But a kind one. You accepted the vulnerable parts of me without asking me uncomfortable questions."

Sanji was lying face-up, his head turned in Zoro's direction with those beautiful golden strands splayed like halo on the pillow underneath.

With that mischievous smirk and iridescent ocean eyes, Zoro would steal the moon away for him even if it meant death.

"But you've still seen a vulnerable part of me. So you need to tell me a secret in return!"

"Secret?" Zoro was surprised how his own voice could still be steady without being in cracks. "I..."

"What kind of secret would you want me to say?"

Sanji groaned, turning his head away from Zoro, so he was also looking to his cracked ceiling.

"Stupid Marimo. Whatever's the most scandalous, of course!"

The tanned boy thought hard as he imagined a starry sky instead of the white paint overhead.

"Well,"

Zoro felt a spur of suicidal adrenaline flood his brain as he spilled the heavy words from his traitorous heart.

"I'm gay."

Sanji sat up suddenly, his blue eyes wide open in shock, as Zoro prepared for his world to fall apart.

"You-?" The blond blurted, and stared at Zoro's passive face.

Zoro couldn't bring himself to look at Sanji and see the repulsion painted on his pretty features.

He waited for the painful words to stab at his heart and prick at his eyes as he tried his best to prevent his erratic heartbeats from enveloping the room.

Sanji fell back on his bed forcefully without a word, crossing his arms behind his head and joined Zoro to stare at his blank ceiling.

It was only a few minutes, but it felt like an eternity to the tanned boy. It felt like torture to have all of the horrible alternatives playing out in his mind with his groaning heart as the soundtrack.

"Ah...Marimo," Sanji laughed gently to himself. "Was that really your most scandalous secret?"

Zoro couldn't respond. His voice box had long since abandoned him.

"You know saying that won't change how I see you, right?" Sanji's words could barely be heard over the loud slams from Zoro's heart. "And don't worry, I won't treat you different. But if I make you uncomfortable at times, don't hesitate to open your mouth, Marimo."

Maybe, Zoro thought to himself.
Maybe just this once,
I've fallen for someone worth it.

im kind of fond of this chapter!
please tell me what you think!!!
how's the music!!!