chapter 6 - cimmerian

(S/N: The Few Things, JP Saxe ft. Charlotte Lawrence)

"YOU

WERE,

MY

FAVOURITE

MISTAKE."

☞☞

[zoro]

MOONLIGHT SPILLED

past the translucent windows, pooling on the floor like shiny white rivers and ponds.

They glanced off Sanji's bare back, illuminating the fragile, inked, free-falling feathers scattered across his shoulder blades.

His soft breaths shuddered in the cold night as one window was left wide open, allowing the evening chill full rein in the room.

With each gentle press of his pale finger, browned pages scratched at the rest of the neat text, as the loose ones fluttered like birds in the wind.

With each tremble of movement, Zoro could feel his breath trapped in his throat at the ethereal sight.

The doorway frame felt like ice beneath his touch, as did his bare feet feel upon contact with the wooden floor.

He felt like a spectator, a stranger.

He was afraid to get too close, for he would soil the beauty of what was before him.

He felt so out of place.

Sanji looked so unattainable, like a myth, like a fairytale, elusive and unreal.

But he was there, just right before his dirty fingertips, much to his disbelief.

A painful tightening grew in his chest, branching past his ribs, loosing a despairing sigh out of his lips.

Such beauty wasn't meant to be spoiled by the likes of him.

He would do better staying away.

Like how the sun loves the moon, or how the moth adores the flame, it could only end in disaster if he got too close.

Keep out, the beauty in the room seemed to say.

Happy Mother's Day!
✨🌟💫

Thoughts on the chapter?