(3)

A/N- Chapter 3 is hereeee!!! I feel like in everything I write I move way too quickly... and this is irrelevant but... MY BEST FRIEND PUT KITTEN EARS AND WHISKERS ON 5SOS AND EVERYONE SAYS MICHAEL IS AN ADORABLE KITTEN BUT IN THE ONES SHE MADE ASHTON IS SO CUTEEE!!!

But anyways... I'm sure no one even read this far... Enjoy this unedited mess of a chapter... : )

The last class period had finally ended. Ashton had texted Luke and Michael explaining that he and Calum didn't have a teacher in their last class period; therefore they had an extra free period today. Lucky ducks...

Michael and Luke walked towards their spot where they knew their boyfriend and Calum would be. But Michael stopped them in their tracks.

Michael pulled the smaller boy closer to him with one arm so that their hips were touching. He gave Luke a quick peck on the lips and looked him in his shiny blue eyes.

"When we get there, I want you to apologize to Calum, okay baby? You remember the talk we had earlier right?" He asked. Luke nodded slowly, tears forming in his eyes. Michael kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry baby, but what you said was wrong and you know it was. You treated him the same way people used to treat you before you moved here. And you still get that way sometimes. You won't say a word to anyone. Now, I didn't mean to bring back bad memories, but promise you'll never ever say something like that to anyone again."

Luke hooked their pinkies together. "I'm sorry and I promise," he whispered quietly. Michael smiled and kissed Luke one more time.

"Alright. Let's go find the other two."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got to the spot, they both 'awww'ed at what they saw.

Ashton was sat with his back against the tree, legs spread out in front of him. Calum was in his lap, head laying on Ashton's shoulder and Ashton's arms were wrapped around his waist. It was adorable honestly.

They walked towards the two slowly, not wanting to ruin the moment. Ashton, hearing their heavy footsteps, looked up at them and smiled.

"Hey guys. How are you?" he asked, always the polite one. Calum looked up at them too and gave them a shy smile, it faltering some once he noticed Luke.

Luke saw this and instantly felt terrible. He new he had to try to gain the quiet boy's trust. Michael, as always, was the first one to speak up.

"We are both great. But, Ashy, you and I are gonna go put everyone's bags in the car. Calum if you want you can come over my house with us today or you we can drop you off at your house. It's pretty cold and you shouldn't be walking. But first you and Luke are going to talk it out... erm... bad wording... Luke is going to apologize. We'll be back," he announced as Calum slipped out of Ashton's lap. Michael pulled Ashton to his feet and they walked off, leaving the other two boys alone.

Luke cautiously sat down beside Calum. He looked at the kiwi boy and noticed how he was slightly edging away from him. Luke felt guilt run through him.

"Calum..." he started in a shaky breath. Calum's head snapped up and they looked at each other for a few seconds before Luke spoke up again. "Calum, I'm so sorry for how I acted this morning. What I said was really rude and I regret it so much... I really do. Do you believe me?" He asked. Calum slightly nodded, still not knowing if he should or not.

Luke sighed. "I'm going to be honest with you. The reason I said those things was because I used to be the same way. I still get like that sometimes. I guess you just... reminded me of myself. I hate myself when I get like that, but physically can't force any words out and it made me want to hate you as well. I know that isn't an excuse for how I acted, but can you please forgive me?" Luke asked with pleading eyes.

Calum only stared at him for a while, before finally deciding Luke was actually being serious and nodded his head. Luke gave him a shy smile.

"Thank you. I thought you were gonna hate me forever. Can I have a hug... please?" He asked, extending his arms out to Calum.

Calum slowly nodded and inched towards Luke. Luke wrapped his long, bony arms around Calum and pulled him closer. Calum melted in his arms and hugged him back. Calum had to admit, this felt nice.

They stayed like that until they heard footsteps approaching them. They pulled away, both giving each other tiny smiles, and looked up to see Ashton and Michael waiting.

"So you guys made up I see," Michael says smiling. Luke and Calum glanced at each other quickly and nodded, both giggling.

"Good. I feel like you two will be great friends. Now we should probably be leaving, there aren't many people left here."

They all walked to the car, got in (Michael driving, Calum in the passenger seat, and Luke and Ashton in the back) and drove out of the school's student parking lot towards Michael's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason they chose to go to Michael's house was because Michael's parents left two days ago to go on a two week business trip to New Zealand. They trusted him enough to leave him here alone for those two weeks. But the neighbors agreed to come and check to make sure everything's okay every other day. His parents send him eighty dollars a day to buy things he needs like food for dinner (though they knew he would probably order pizza almost every day and would probably try to feed his friends as well) and lunch money or other things he my need. Michael also had to agree to call them at least three times a week himself. He was even surprised that they trusted him enough for this, not that they had a reason not to of course.

They pulled up to the modern style two story white house. Michael stopped the car and was about to say something but forgot what it was when he saw Luke and Calum fast asleep in their seats. He smiled fondly and locked eyes with Ashton. They both silently agreed to carry the sleeping boys in the house themselves.

Michael went to unlock the front door and Ashton unbuckled Luke's seat belt. Michael came back and did the same with Calum. They carefully picked the light weighed boys up and took them inside.

"My room," Michael whispered to Ashton once they were inside. Ashton nodded and they made their way up the stairs. Michael kicked open the door to his light grey walled room (not that you could tell from all the band posters covering the walls) and they laid both boys on the bed.

"Where's Lukey's penguin?" Ashton whispered to Michael, who held up a finger and ran to his closet. He came back with a small plush penguin and laid it on Luke's chest. He instantly clutched it closer to him and curled up into a ball, still asleep.

Ashton and Michael went back downstairs and talked, waiting for the others to wake up. They talked about whatever came to mind, specifically Ashton's kissing Calum, for at least 30 minutes, until Ashton brought up a serious situation.

"Michael, I'm really worried about Luke," Ashton announced. Michael gave him a questioning look.

"Why?" he asked. He hadn't noticed anything weird about him today.

Ashton sighed. "Well... I know Luke has anorexia, but when I was carrying him, he felt... lighter than he normally does. He looks paler and skinnier too. Do you think his dad has started doing... you know... to him again?" he asked worriedly.

Michael opened his mouth to answer, but stopped himself when he glanced up behind Ashton and saw a teary eyed Luke in the doorway, clutching his penguin in one hand.

"Come here, baby. What happened?" Ashton said when he turned and saw Luke standing there. Luke walked over and sat between Ashton and Michael. Ashton shook his head and pulled Luke into his lap.

Luke buried his face in Ashton's neck and whimpered. "I'm sorry. It was just a bad dream," he whispered so quietly they could barely hear him.

"It's okay darling. Was it about..." Michael started but trailed off. Luke nodded.

"You wanna talk about it, love?" Ashton asked. Luke shook his head and sighed.

"Okay, well I should probably go check on Calum. I'll be back guys," said Michael.

As he walked up the stairs he thought

Yep...there is definitely something Luke isn't telling us...