(18)

A/N: GUYS GUYS GUYS I PUBLISHED IT THEN REMEMBERED I DIDNT PUT AN AUTHORS NOTE XDD

CUTE AND FLUFFY CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL THIS TIME BUT ITS GOING TO GET SERIOUS SOON THEN IT WILL BE OVER AND IM GONNA NEED NEW FANFIC IDEAS SO IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE TELL ME AND I MIGHT WRITE THEM

ANYWAY... THIS CHAPTER IS HALF EDITED FOR NOW BUT ILL FIX THINGS LATER

YOU CAN READ NOW I HOPE YOU LIKE IT :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"C-Calum, oh my god," Luke was the first to move.

He slowly walked over to Calum and sat at the foot of his bed. Luke looked up at him, giving him a shy and timid smile.

Calum stared at him silently for a long time before he held out his arms for a hug, tears gathering in his eyes.

Luke immediately wrapped his own arms around the boy, pulling Calum into his lap as he cried silent sobs.

"Hey, baby. You're okay. I've got you, love. You're okay now," the blonde whispered to him as he cried.

Calum didn't respond. No sound could be heard from him. Not even the sound of him crying. He simply shook his head, clutching onto Luke even tighter.

"Can you say anything? It's only us in here, babe. You can say something," Luke tried, hoping to hear Calum's soft voice.

The raven haired boy shook his head again, refusing to speak, refusing to make the smallest sound. Luke simply held Calum in his arms for a while longer until he allowed Ashton to take over.

"Hey, babe. I missed you," Ashton whispered to Calum before bursting into tears.

Calum stopped crying enough to tug the boy over to him, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him tightly.

All he wanted to do was tell Ashton that he was okay, but he couldn't. Even if he tried he couldn't say anything.

Ashton eventually composed himself and wiped his tears, kissing Calum on his cheek before trading out with Mikey.

Michael was the only one who didn't cry. Instead, he gently tugged Calum closer to him, connecting their lips together in a short but sweet kiss. All of the boys laughed when Calum's heart monitor sped up a bit.

"Finally got that kiss," Michael said.

Calum gave him an actual genuine tiny smile, and Michael wiped away his tears.

After that, Calum's doctor came back, informing the boys that they couldn't stay for much longer; five more minutes at the most.

They all nodded, each giving Calum one more hug before following his doctor out of the room and to an office.

"I'm glad you're all happy for now, as am I, but I have a few questions," Dr. Stevens said.

He waited for the boys to have a seat in the chairs he placed in front of the desk and pulled out a sheet of paper and pen.

"Okay so, first question: does Calum have any speech impediments that make him not want to talk, or are there any personal reasons that he might have? There isn't anything in his records about being mute, so it must be selective mutism. Also if you boys can get anything at all out of him about what happened, please inform me immediately."

Michael decided to answer. "Well, he does have a stutter, but I don't think it's too bad. That might be one of the reasons he's a selective mute, but I'm pretty sure he has more personal reasons for it. And, don't worry. We definitely will," he said.