Berserkers - The Helpless Ones (2)

After I landed a pretty hard swing at Oniwaka, he fell on the ground roughly. "Huff... Huff... Ah... Ahhhhhhhh! Ah!" Oniwaka slammed a fist on the ground, his expression a mixture of rage and pain.

"Dammit! Why?! Why won't you fall?! Why won't you die like the others?!" Oniwaka gets off and though he was severely injured, Oniwaka continues to swing his Naginata with all his might. The half-moon spear hurtles towards me. He's clearly on the verge of completely losing it. The Summoning Emblem that adorned his leg seems to have peeled off and has fallen to the ground. It catches on his heel as his foot sweeps the ground and flies off into the distance.

"Ah.... Ah..... Ahhhhhh! All of you! Each and every one! Begone! Disappeaaaaar!" Oniwaka raises his polearm with a scream... leaving himself wide open. Gripping my Sword tightly and narrowing my eyes, I started to speak my incantation.

"Role of the Wanderer! Rule of Rending! Engrave mine name unto thee. Come forth! Boundless Tail!" With sword in hand, I face him down. Boundless Tail shines with a radiant glow, fed by the power of my Rule.

Oniwaka.....

A light of understanding flares in Oniwaka's eyes. This will be his last act of defiance against this hated, rotten world. Something wild rages within him, trying to claw its way out. He knows his body will not hold up much longer. Yet even with this realization, he seems strangely lucid.

To Oniwaka, it feels as though time itself begins to slow. As he faces his end in that lethargic pocket of time, Oniwaka sharpens his focus on what stands before him. At that moment, Oniwaka's eyes finally meet Masato face to face for the first time. The last shred of sanity in Oniwaka is trained upon Masato and the gleam in his eyes.

"Ah..." It is as though he is peering into a mirror. He sees in Masato that which resides within himself. "Now I get it.... You, too, are..."

Masato....

As our eyes meet and I begin to understand, my Sword comes down against Oniwaka's Naginata. However, the strike doesn't connect, as my aim is not Oniwaka himself, but rather the empty space beside him. It's as though my blazing Sword severs the invisible chains that bind him.

"Nnga....! Gaaaaaah!" A howling scream echoes through the underground chamber as if Oniwaka is expelling a curse that has festered inside of him. An ominous substance like heavy black smoke erupts from his mouth.

"Masato...?! What did you do?!" Kengo called out to me but I just stared at Oniwaka, as he started to cough after the smoke escaped from his mouth. His skin slowly went back to its tan color. The horn coming from his forehead went away, with me finally noticing that he had a scar on the said forehead. His eyes turned from being completely yellow to dark brown, his eyes glaring at me.

"Gah! Ack! Eugh! Damn you..." Oniwaka continued to cough, still trying to get rid of the thing that came out of his body. I had a feeling that left behind a bad aftertaste and I felt for him. I let my Sword disappear, knowing I won't need it anymore. Kengo comes up next to me, staring at Oniwaka.

"He's back to normal! What the hell is going on?" Kengo couldn't understand what was going on and I felt like I should probably explain it to him but I couldn't get the chance to when Macan, who looked a bit better but was still weak, spoke up.

"He's been... cut free." Macan was looking at Oniwaka with wide surprise eyes, not believing what he was seeing. Kengo still had a confused expression on his face, still not fully understanding what he was saying.

"What came out of his mouth was all the energy I had accumulated within me. And not just that, but everything that had stuffed him full, as well as the channel it all flowed through... All the power that was inflating Oniwaka has been cut off from him with savage intensity. Wow..." Macan breaks out in a smile. It's the kind of smile worthy of a carnivore. Kengo nodded his head slowly, getting what just happened with Oniwaka.