Berserkers - Infiltrating the Ikebukuro Guild (2)

Quickly dodging an attack from Garmr, I slash at him with my Sword causing him to let out a whining sound as he falls to the ground. I felt rather guilty after I did that but Moritaka gave me a thumbs up as he put away the katana he always carries once the App battle finally ended.

"Well done! Though I should have expected as much after how Shuichi spoke of you. I was not given any details, so I was quite nervous to find out who would show up. . . However, I am sure that you will be just fine, Masato!" I rubbed the back of my neck with an embarrassed look on my face as Moritaka gave me a bright smile as he praised me sincerely.

Garmr got off the ground and stomped his feet onto the ground as he growled at me. "Urrrrgh! Garmr lost! Damn! Rematch now!!" I couldn't help but gush in my heart at how cute Garmr was currently acting. 'He is acting like a child throwing a fit! That's so cute! I wanna pet him all over!'

"There, there. Calm down, Garmr. Fights don't always go the way you want. The match has been settled. Now, do you agree that Masato passed?" Moritaka was petting Garmr on the head and the angry expression on his face turned to a sulking expression as his ears and tail dropped to the ground sad. "Grrrrr. . . Garmr follow orders. Garmr guard dog."

As soon as Garmr admitted defeat, Moritaka's smile got brighter. "That is right. We Canis Therians are loyal, honest, and sincere. It's not easy to be all three." Moritaka crossed his arms around his chest as he nodded his head satisfied with the way Garmr was acting and I could see his tail was wagging getting excited.

"Hehehe. Praise Garmr? Praise Garmr?!" Garmr's tail started to wag too as he started to jump in place. Before he could fully give into his emotions he stopped himself and looked at me. "You strong. I know. Strong may pass. That is rule. . . Name! Tell Garmr name!"

"My name is Masato. It is nice to meet you, Garmr." I bow slightly towards Garmr who was looking at me intently and I just gave him a smile not minding that he was just staring at me. 'I wonder if it is okay to just go for it and pet him on his head?'

"Masato! Garmr remember! You very strong. But. . . Garmr no know how to say. Anyway, Garmr like! Hey! Garmr. . . meet Masato before?" Garmr tilted his head curiously at me with his tongue sticking out of his mouth but I froze as I looked at him confused.

"I honestly don't remember. . . Why? Do you know me?" I was looking at Garmr with a stronger interest now, curious to know if he met me before and knows who I am. 'It's a low chance but a clue is a clue to figuring out who I am!'

"Sniff. . . Sniff. . . This smell!" Garmr was sniffing me all over and I was trying not to laugh as his nose brush against my skin while smelling me all over. "Garmr know this smell! This smell from where Garmr born. You born in Helheim? Or. . . you go to Helheim?"

"I. . . might've visited? I don't really know. . ." My head was spinning wondering if I was from the world that Garmr was from. I was getting annoyed due to the lack of information regarding where I am from. 'If I could find out that then I could probably get my memories back. I mean. . .probably? I don't know how memories work.'

"Sniff. . . sniff. . . Calming scent! Calming smell! Garmr remember first master. No face, no name. Just scent." Garmr was rubbing his head into my stomach and I was trying not to fall onto the ground due to how strong he was rubbing his head into me. 'I smell like his first master? Have I met his master before?'

Moritaka looked at Garmr with a sad expression on his face and I felt sad for him too. Not being able to remember what his master looked like or their name. Just the way they smell. I guess he was kind of like me in some way. . .