Chapter Four: Missionaries - Blazing Path (2)

Many days have passed since he was summoned, yet Zabaniyya still goes to church to pray every day. Prayer is the time to face one's inner self. Zabaniyya thinks of his journey since leaving his homeworld of Gehenna. The time he has spent in the world of Tokyo has been filled with the chaos of beings from 23 different worlds gathered together in the same place.

Each has their own values, and clashes are inevitable. The laws that should distinguish between good and evil become jumbled, and light is lost to the people. Where there is light, there is also shadow. There, in that era's shadow, Zabaniyya came to judge many forms of evil.

Thus he continues to fulfill his duty in Tokyo, the land to which he was summoned, in the same way, he did in his homeworld. He is so strong that he has rarely faced an evil he could not subjugate. Any master with control over a familiar as powerful as Zabaniyya could not help but become corrupt. Any organization that got its hands on such an unbeatable weapon would meet the same fate. Ashamed, Zabaniyya insists that such corruption is the result of his immortality. And he continues to train and train so that he can become ever stronger by the day.

And thus, the Aoyama Guild too has begun to fall into corruption, its members blindly believing that might is right...

Aoyama Cemetery...

An unstable Gate gives birth to yet another Exception due to the malfunctioning App. The Rule has gone out of control, flowing endlessly into Zabaniyya through the Gate. It pours into him like endless rapids flooding through a broken dam. The overflowing Rule compels him. Deep within the recesses of his mind, it urges, over and over.

Unleash your Hellfire! Judge the sinners! Purify them of their sins! The Rule of Hellfire compels you!

The compulsion assaults his mind like a violent torrent, the force crushing his very soul. But Zabaniyya fights to hang on to his sense of reason. If he allowed himself to embrace his desires, he would destroy everything in his path.

None are without sin. Everyone has committed some form of sin over the course of their life, sometimes merely to stay alive. That is the very reason Zabaniyya refuses to allow emotion to control his power. His only choice is to remain an emotionless tool.

"No... I mustn't stay... I must get away... from people....!" Zabaniyya is struggling to keep control of himself and just burns everyone in front of him. Sweat is appearing on his body as he forces himself to hold onto his sense of self.

"Are you kiddin' me?! You're a total square, baby! Magnificent! I'd tip my hat to the strength of your will... if I had one! Even when you're totally outta control, you're still clingin' to a shred of reason! Oh boy, oh bother. You're a real disappointment! Just for that, you get a cool present from us Nyarlathoteps! We'll give you what you really want, what you really, really want! With a pretty little ribbon on top! A solitary end, just for you! A tragic conclusion! A one-way ticket for the train to nowhere! Isn't that what you want, baby?!" Nyarlathotep appeared in front of Zabaniyya, not seeming bothered by his current appearance. He kept appearing and disappearing out of the way of his fire attacks until he was close enough to Zabaniyya.

Nyarlathotep then grabs onto Zabaniyya to teleport him somewhere else. All that is left is the raging Exception bringing back the dead to attack their former friends.

Somewhere Else In The Cemetery....

"Aaaarrrggh!" As the Exception screams out more Angel Transients come from the surrounding graves and scream out in pain. "Aaaaaarrrggh! Hur...t...s...! It... hurts!"