Missionaries - Those Who Lives Lies (1)

"I've done it again... Must I keep repeating my sins over and over?"

As Hati tries to see Gabriel he is spotted by her bodyguards. They surround him as they go to attack him. He tries to avoid their attacks as he tries to get to the place Gabriel is at but his effort is in vain. He is overpowered by the bodyguards and ends up getting beaten to the ground as they tell him to stay away from Gabriel.

"Once, I've fallen in love with someone who can never love me back. Those lackeys told me never to approach her ever again... but I did anyway. I was stricken. It was only to be expected. They were right, after all. I was responsible for the destruction of my own world. I'm soaked in sin, having stained the moonlight itself with blood."

"Just thinking of the one I love... causes me to lose control."

Hati is on the ground covered in bruises after being attacked by Gabriel's bodyguards. They leave him after making sure he wouldn't get up again. Hati, let out a groan of pain as he tried to move his hurt body. As he is on the ground someone else approaches him. Looking up he sees Maria coming towards him with a concerned look on her face.

"When the angels are gone, she appears once again. Every single time, she tends to my wounds and comforts me with her gentle voice. She tells me that love is born through caring for one another... That one-sided love will only hurt the recipient."

"She's right. I can't argue. But... even sound reasoning like that won't save me. It's that fact that continues to drive me into the darkness."

As Hati goes to head back to his home he is approached by Nyarlathotep who appears from an alley. Nyarlathotep gives him a wide smile as they giggle. They suddenly get up close to Hati as they start to whisper things to push him closer to the darkness growing in him.

"Ahahahaha! Why the hesitation? Everyone always sings about love triumphs over all, yeah? You only live once! You gotta go for it, baby!"

"I always denied myself the right. Others denied it from me, too. And yet... That was all the more reason for those sweet, sweet, seductive words to echo in my mind. I knew I shouldn't... but that voice pried open the locked gate of my heart. I know what I'm doing now is wrong. But rather than lie to myself and be relegated to the sidelines... I want to embrace my desires... and play the villain."

Currently...

I finally managed to reach Hati but quickly had to dodge when he went to attack me right away. I couldn't understand why he was acting like this when earlier he was so nice. What happened during our short time apart to cause him to kidnap Gabriel.

"Masato! Stand down!" Hati charges at me again, still holding the unconscious Gabriel under one arm. I wanted to attack him seriously but I kept focusing on the fact that I could accidentally hurt Gabriel.

"Stop, Hati!" I kept on dodging his attacks and kept swinging at him with little effort. I needed to figure out a way to get Gabriel out of his hold or else I may end up hurting her by mistake. I really don't want to have to hurt an idol on my conscience...

"I will not! Get out of the way, Masato! Stir the clouds and shake the moon! Distort light and give illusions life! Engrave my name of Hati unto thee! Waver! Moonshine Chaser!" Hati started to shine and I saw a moment to strike at him and went for it. I didn't see a risk of hurting Gabriel so I felt okay with taking a swing.

My sword came down on Hati... But his silhouette vanishes, and my sword swings through thin air. I blink my eyes in confusion at what just happened. I was pretty sure I landed a hit on him but...