Chapter Four: Missionaries - Blazing Path (3)

"There... The front line should hold now." Arsalan rolled out his shoulders as he finally relaxed after fighting all the enemies. It was so cool how he managed to get all his guild members to work with him and handle a large number of dead enemies.

"I'm impressed! Things weren't looking good a minute ago, but you really turned the fight around." Kengo looked impressed with how Arsalan handled the situation that was looking so bad and out of control. I guess Arsalan was held in high regard for a good reason.

"Heh. The Aoyama Guild prides itself on organized assaults! All I did was simply bring forth the power they innately possess. From there, I only had to seize the tide of battle and utilize the momentum to our advantage." I was kind of impressed by how wise Arsalan words sounded. I still couldn't get over my first impression of him after all. He was so easygoing and didn't really seem that serious but I guess the older you get the harder it is to make you uneasy, I guess?

"Seize the tide of battle, huh? Well said, old man." Kengo bumps his shoulder into Arsalan as he gives him the usual smirk of his. I guess they are getting along, in some weird way, I think?

"In any case, we have more urgent matters to attend to. We must stop that Exception as soon as possible." Arsalan's expression grew serious as he looked at the raging Exception who was still causing more undead enemies to appear. We really had to take care of that since there will be a limit to how much we can keep fighting these endless enemies who can just be brought back again and again.

"The Aoyama Guild is also familiar with Exceptions, then?" Shiro noted that Arsalan seemed rather familiar with Exceptions and he also knew what would have happened if Ryota Sacred Artifact were to clash against Zabaniyya Sacred Artifact.

"Of course we are young cub. Just as we know the outcome their appearances lead to. As far as I know, there's at least one area in Adachi Ward in Eastern Tokyo that was destroyed by an Exception. All of the parties involved perished, so the App was forced to quit and the Exception vanished. As a result, none of the damage done in the App was reversed when it shut down. To make things worse, the Sacred Artifacts used weren't even particularly powerful. Stray Transients have since swarmed the area, turning it into a dangerous slum." Arsalan's expression grew upset as he told us this.

"Hang on, I've never heard anything about the App wiping out a place like that." Kengo's expression was confused as he tried to process what he just heard. I was also confused, he didn't hear about this? I looked over at Shiro and he seems to have a look of understanding on his face.

"Wait... I did hear about an incident on the news. They said a bomb went off in Adachi Ward. Could that have been...?" From what Shiro is saying I am assuming there must have been a cover-up story or something like that. So that means the App has to be known by other people or no..? I am getting a headache thinking so hard!

"Regardless of what was reported on the news, these are the facts. Listen up, cub. We cannot allow the same thing to happen to Aoyama or Shibuya." Arsalan told us this with a stern expression and I notice that an angel Transient was walking over to Arsalan, it was the nether angel. "Lord Arsalan, the battle has come to a temporary impasse. We have reinforced the entrance to the Aoyama Cemetery. I also have some news to report."

"Good work driving them back. That was a dire situation. And what of the news?" Arsalan motions for the angel to continue. "We've secured Lady Gabriel. She is under protection and currently standing by with the rear guard. In addition, the Exception continues to create undead and has begun to move. If it continues on its current course, it will exit the cemetery."

"Very well. Remain in pursuit and keep me updated on its current location. We cannot allow it to roam the city as it pleases." Arsalan nodded to himself as he told the angel Transient this.