Chapter Four: Missionaries - New Guild (1)

In my homeworld, there is a certain well-known story. It is the tale of an angel who rebelled against God on high and divided Heaven's army into two sides in a great war. After being defeated, Shaytan, the Angel of Conflagration, was cast down to earth. To this day, no one knows why he started a war that he must have known could not be won.

When he lost the war and was expelled from the heavens, I heard his scream. Our gazes met as he fell to earth. Those burning eyes and that scream of defiance... What exactly was he fighting against? He took up arms in a war that could not be won and, naturally, he lost. He was a hopeless fool.

It feels like an eternity has passed since. Yet still, for some strange reason, that fiery life still burns in my heart. Then, when I was summoned to Tokyo... The voice that echoed my screams somehow resembled that angel's voice. I remembered that face, like a flame, and felt a burning ache in my otherwise dried-up heart.

Church In Aoyama...

"Ah... It has begun. The wheels are now in motion." Azazel strokes the divine chains that bind him and lets out an ecstatic moan. "Ah, Zabaniyya, my lost lamb. You are indeed strong. You have offered your body to that which is most righteous in this world, and your soul to that which is strongest."

The just shall triumph. The strong shall overcome. These are the sacred laws of the world.

"However... Ah, yes, however..." Azazel softly mumbles to himself as he keeps stroking the divine chains. His eyes flash as he continues to look at the fight that is going on between Zabaniyya and Masato, that strange human...

Back With Masato...

"Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!" Zabaniyya yells out and the relentless flames burn on, coloring the inside of the church a deep red. Sparks fly whenever our blades clash, I mean I had a sword and he had his hands, as I duel with Zabaniyya.

Zabaniyya's karate chop is sharper than any sword, but I always manage to dodge those fatal strikes in the nick of time. He grins like a beast and roars. The way he is fighting is way different from how he was with Kengo, it was like he was finally able to let loose.

It seems like a weight was off his shoulders and he didn't feel the need to hold back. He was a beast, it was beautiful but at the same time horrifying. I don't think I could beat him but I had to try!

The countless slashes and powerful thrusts are so strong they leave afterimages. Faster, sharper, stronger... stronger... stronger. His Rule continues to flow into him, accelerating his power. Always stronger... stronger... stronger.

Most people would just give up but I was stubborn. I wasn't going to give up, no matter how much pain my body was in. No matter how much time it feels like the inside of my body would burn up, I kept on pushing myself.

"Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh!" The flames that emit from Zabaniyya's palm take the shape of a cross, binding his hand like chains. They are fiery chains and they burn when they make contact with my body. It feels like it attacking my very soul. It feels like I am going to get engulfed in flames...

"Aaaaagh! It's so fucking hot!" I could taste iron in my mouth and my sense of balance went off for a second. It feels like I was going to fall to the ground but I stab my sword into the ground and force myself to remain standing.

"Urgh... Graaaaaaaagh!!" Zabaniyya roars and he leaps at me while I am trying to regain my balance. "Role of the Torturer! Rule of Hellfire! Engrave mine name of Zabaniyya unto thee! Rise up in flames..."