Clash Of The Divine Artifacts - Out Of Control "Sacred Artifact" (2)

Letting out a weak Sc-scree the last little devil fell to the ground and the battle ended. I could feel myself getting tired from all the fighting but couldn't have a moment to breathe when Salomon jumped on my back in excitement. "Yaay, you did it! A flawless victory! That's my Master! To think you could sever the pact itself! This is absolutely amazing!" I flinch away from Salomon who was basically yelling in my ear.

I was going to walk away when I saw one of the little devils still there trying to crawl away. "D-Don't want. . . to disappear. Want to serve. . . Master. . ." Light was slowly surrounding the devil and I felt an uncomfortable feeling build up in me as I watched tears form in their eyes.

"Looks like this demon is the leader of the pack. It's starting to disappear, though. Don't worry about it Master. If you just let it be, it will automatically be transported back to its own world. Normally, it would return to its Summoner automatically when defeated, by the merit of their bond, but in this case. . ." Looking at the nearly gone little devil I felt really bad for them and almost regretted severing the connection with their Summoner.

"Since you severed its pact with its Summoner. . . Well, that's that." While Salomon nodded to himself I walked over to the fallen little devil and kneel down next to it. "Huh? Master, what are you. . .?" I reach out my hand to the little devil ignoring Salomon's confused voice and smile at the little devil who looks up at me.

"I know this seems a bit weird but form a pact with me." I could hear Salomon let out a shocked gasp but I just pretended I couldn't hear him and just looked at the little devil on the ground who was just staring at me still holding my hand out to him.

"S-Skreee? What. . . you want? What. . . do. . . with me?" The little devil looked at me cautiously, not reaching for my hand but I just continued to smile at him. "I'm not going to hurt you I swear. I am looking for your Master so can you please tell me where they are?" I held eye contact with the little devil and didn't look away hoping they could see my sincere emotions.

"What do. . . When you. . . find Master? No. . . Not Master. . . anymore. . . But. . . Cannot. . . betray him!" The little devil moved his head away from my head stubbornly and I let out a laugh at how cute they were acting.

Moving to be in his line of sight again I reach out my hand and slowly pet them on their head. "It's alright. I'm his friend so I won't hurt him in anyway. I just want to help him too. I am worried about him." The little devil looked at me with an unreadable look in their eyes but it slowly put their small hand on my hand on their head.

"Master. . . suffers. He is in pain. Please help. . . Please. . . help Master smile. . . Form pact, new Master. I guard you. . . and guard your fate." Light shines brightly between us when the little devil accepts the pact with me and the light surrounding them disappears and they become solid again.

The little devil got up on their tiny legs and I stood with them with a smile on my face due to how cute they look. 'Aww! They are so cute! I just want to hug them and give them kisses!' I had a blush on my face while I imagine doing those things to the little devil but I snap out of it when I realize they were talking to me.

"Thank you, new Master. Come now. . . We go to old master." I gave them a nod and was going to start walking when I felt Salomon grab my sleeve. "E-Excuse me, Master. May I have a word? I think you should refrain from forming too many pacts. Stacking up pact after pact like this would drain a normal Summoner of so much power that they would shrivel up like a prune and die. Transients who exist as independent entities subsist on temporary provisions of power, but. . . In this case, your power is what maintains them, so they'll drain it from you bit by bit. Basically, it's like how a pregnant lady provides nutrients to her baby!"