Clash Of The Divine Artifacts - Entwined Fates

After getting rid of the enemies that came from the tear in space we went to get closer to the immense being together but as we got closer to them an extraordinary force was hindering us from getting closer to them.

The air around us turns into shockwaves that assault us whenever the colossus moves, even slightly. Resisting against the force from the being we gradually made our way closer to them making sure not to get blown away.

"Ugh! The closer we get. . . Wh-What is this?!" As Shiro shouts out I realize that as we got near the void-like orbs, the wind itself seems to be sucked in the direction of the colossus. The tentacles from the being writhe by its side, as large as buildings themselves. Each swipe of a tentacle destroys skyscrapers, while the vacuums of the orbs swallow everything in sight.

What waits at the center of the madness is the pure and unadulterated fear of death itself. If we continue then we will die. Either the tentacles will crush us, or we will be sucked into an unknown void. I could feel a deep fear at this knowledge but I knew I had to keep going. As I was going to keep pushing forward I could see from the corner of my eye that Shiro was frozen in place with an expression of fear on his face.

"I'm so scared. . .! My knees are sh-shaking! What human could possibly have any hope against a colossus like this?! What if that thing is a god, here to bring judgement down upon the world?! What if we're just foolishly defying a god? If that's the case, I, I. . .!" Shiro was just rambling to himself and his legs were shaking really badly. I was worried he was going to collapse on the spot.

Shiro kept shouting questions into the wind like it was to talk himself into giving up on going against the being. I just walked toward Shiro, put both my hands on his face and forced him to look at me. "You're not alone, Shiro. I am right here with you. I won't leave your side." Shiro's eyes connected with mine and the crazy look that was in his eyes disappeared as he started to calm down.

I let go of Shiro's face and back away from him. I could see that his legs were no longer shaking and he had a determined look in his eyes now which made me smile at him. "Masato. . .As long as I'm with you, I. . . I think I can be brave! I feel as though I could go to the ends of the earth. You gave a hopeless guy like me the courage to fight by your side! Masato, let's do this! Let's restore Shinjuku back to the way it should be!"

Nodding my head at Shiro I summoned my sword again as he summoned all of his demons' familiars to help us defeat the being who just stared indifferently into the distance as we went to fight it. I wonder if they even understood what was happening right now? It would be sad if they didn't know.

***

After I slice my sword at the being who remain indifferent from the beginning to the end of our battle. From the moment it appeared it did nothing but stared at the sky. It didn't even notice me and Shiro fighting against it.

While me and Shiro fought against the being there was a moment where we felt a moment of discouragement. There were times where we longed to give up fighting against them. Yet we continue to fight against them until we reach the wall of the being.

I could see flowing blood vessels. . . capillaries. . . the booming beat of a pulse. . . It seems as though the wall was alive just like a human being. "This. . . is the skin of that immense being! We. . .We did it! We made it all the way here!"

The colossal wall of skin looms before us, but the moment we try to touch it. . . As if the being was activating their defensive instinct, a brief but powerful vibration rushes through the air. One of the tentacles enveloping the colossus swings toward us. It curls and writhes as it descends, as large as a building.