[Beta] Chapter 29

Rin pulled away from Obito, cheeks reddened and her eyes drifting in any direction that she couldn't see him in. "I-I..."

     "It's alright, " he whispered, "I can wait for your answer."

     "O-okay, " she stuttered, slightly nodding.

     They explored a bit more and the sun dipped into the horizon, causing warm colors to splash among the blue sky.

      However, human stamina couldn't extend on forever and she became tired and steps slowed down. They had to rest someplace and an inn it was.

      Laying on one of the two beds in the room that Obito paid for, she couldn't exactly fall asleep. Rin had known about his feelings slightly, only that he had a crush on her. Now she could feel the depth of his feelings.

     Those were the same feelings that drove him toward revenge.

     She just stared into the ceiling, doing nothing and thinking about nothing in particular. Rin was just acting passive, suppressing her emotions.

      Rin had chosen this so she had no right to cause other people to worry about her because of it. She would have to live with the demons on the path that she picked, whether she liked it or not.

      On the other hand, Rin was still physically a child, much younger than the mature and handsome Obito that was snoring on the bed beside hers. If she ever could admit that she reciprocated her feelings their relationship would never be viewed as normal.

      If she stayed alive nothing would be right.

      If she left Obito and Kakashi would feel distraught and possibly blame themselves for her own negligence.

     Turning over in her sleep once more, she closed her eyes and stopped worrying. Rin could only cherish the time she had left before her assigned death day comes.

     The next morning she had gone out and grabbed him some breakfast. No, she would make the most out of the time she had left. There was no more time for regrets and she wouldn't die with another.

      Setting out the food on the table in their room, she prepared glasses and plates to use.

     Nudging Obito gently on the side, Rin tried to wake him up. "Obito-kun, I have food."

      He turned over to his left, grabbing his pillow and clutching it over his head. "Five more minutes."

     She sighed, placing her hand on her hips. Of course, he would still be the same sleepyhead from before. "Hey, I went out to get it especially for you."

      He pulled his pillow down from his face and peered at her. "You went out without me...?"

      "Silly, I'm not going to greet you in the morning with an empty table!" she exclaimed with a small pout.

      Obito smiled genuinely, "Right, you can greet me every morning."

     "That's not what I..." she trailed off and then cleared her throat. "I got some take-out for us since there really isn't a kitchen here."

      "If you need a kitchen, we'll just get a house. I can't miss out on your home cooking!" he replied cheekily with a grin, already gesturing to the funds that he had obtained due to the Akatsuki.

     "There's no need to go that far, " she hummed, her face suddenly growing hot.

     If someone had seen their interaction, they would've thought that they were a couple for sure.

      Rin sure didn't mind the idea of being a wife either.