[Beta] Chapter 22

Once those words tumbled out, she slapped a hand over her mouth and grimaced. Turning back to the group, she saw Kakashi's facial expression. At that moment Rin knew she shouldn't have said anything.

     "Minato-sensei?" the pink haired girl questioned aloud, "Like the Yondaime Hokage?"

      Her sensei's son pointed his finger at her and grinned wildly, "See! Even I'm recognized for greatness, especially being compared to the greatest Hokage!"

      "Hn, a dobe like you can't compare to a Hokage, " the person she assumed to be an Uchiha muttered.

      "Take that back, teme!" 

     Kakashi Hatake held up his hands and resigned to his fate. "Maa, maa, everyone calm down. We can start training then."

      "Like you can talk!" the pinkette and blonde chorused, "You're absolutely late!"

     Holding a hand up to his face, he introduced his students, "Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are my students."

     "You sure don't act like it, dattebayo!" Naruto mumbled under his breath.

     Rin smiled inwardly and remembered her teacher's treasured book The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi (or Tales of A Gutsy Ninja both are actually correct) . If she remembered correctly, the name of the main character was Naruto, which was hence why his kid was named after a ramen topping.

     Sakura wondered, "Why did you add sensei though? You're too young to have been taught under him."

      Thinking about it carefully, she answered, "I've always thought of him as a sensei on a personal level. For the short amount of time he was alive he was a great Kage."

     There was a shift in the mood. She had never seen him as Hokage. She never had the chance to. 

     "He was!" the girl agreed eagerly.

      Tossing a glance to Obito, he instantly understood what she meant. Rin no longer wanted to stay there. Clearing his throat, he grunted, "We'll be taking our leave. Sorry for taking some of your sensei's time."

      "Matte, matte, matte!" Naruto yelled, "Explain why you were here in the first place! You guys aren't shinobi, dattebayo!"

     It was true and very easily to tell from their lack of Hitai-ate's. She smiled softly to which Naruto Uzumaki dropped his guard to. "Maybe I'll be one again... But I was just reliving some memories that I threw away. I'll get out of your hair now."

     There was a rustling of leaves to which perked up their attention. Gai had suddenly burst through looking more out of breath than usual. Obito internally cursed himself for not checking the chakra signatures nearby. 

      "Rin... Obito, I'm not dreaming?"

      Unable to speak, she had clamped her mouth shut, clenching her fists, riddled with guilt. Kakashi's gaze drifted back and forth before realizing that no one was saying anything. "... They're back." 

     The bowl-cut man's eyes filled with tears as he leapt to hug the both of them, "Yosh! This is a youthful celebration! You two didn't actually die!"

     A lump formed in her throat and she froze considerably. Remembering the oblivion she had been drifting in was painful and watching all those faces pass on was also a challenge. "I-I-I-"

     From that in itself, the previous Team 7 found that she was unable to lie to him. It wasn't that there was a punishment for it but she just couldn't do it to such an honest and hardworking guy. 

Hurry, push him out of the way.

     Kakashi tried to rip them from his grip but the Taijutsu user wasn't having it.

Dammit, hurry before he dies.

      There was a surge in chakra that she had a bit of familiarity with and she shivered, and shoved her weight to roll over a few inches.

You finally listen, but a bit too late.

     Something pierced her chest and her breathing stilled. A scream was heard nearby for her ringing ears. A couple gasps and chakra spikes also added to the suspense. Her heavy eyelids couldn't keep open for much longer. "O-obito... W-why do I feel so cold?"

     "𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯𝘦."

     "𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐄𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥."

I don't get paid enough for this shit.