[Beta] Chapter 6

Rin laid in the hospital bed with a steady heart monitor beeping alongside her. Her chest steadily rose and fell but her eyes were glued shut. 

     Her parents had barely made it in ten minutes and were desperately breathing for oxygen. Their baby girl was unconscious from who knows what and they had no idea what to do. The two shinobi from earlier had left so the ticking clock was what filled the silence. 

     The echoing sound made it hard to breathe. 

      "R-rin! " her mother sobbed, shoulders heaving as she cried over her daughter.

      Rin's father placed a comforting hand on his wife's shoulder, trying his best not to break down also. 

      Night had passed over and it became the break of dawn. Rin Maru- Or should I say Rin Nohara's eyes fluttered open. The strangers were asleep, heads pressed into the side of the cot.

𝑀𝓎 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈.

     Sighing, she rubbed the purple marks that adorned her cheeks. She knew where she was. Did she understand what she was too? Yes. She was Rin Nohara, yet she wasn't, just as Rin Maru was Rin Nohara yet wasn't.

      Two halves of a broken soul that had lost bits and pieces of themselves. Now, here she was, taking control of this body- someone that wasn't supposed to be her.

     Quietly, she slipped into her other halves' clothes and creeped out of the window by chakra walking down the outside wall.

 𝑀𝓎 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈.

     Even though there were changes her old village, she would never forget where the Stone was. She knew which path exactly and who would be there. 

     Covering the marks on her face with a light genjutsu, she approached the green-blue stone that had hundreds of names upon it. Beside there was a man that she knew all too well. The sun that peaked over the horizon shined upon his silver hair. 

     Kakashi.

     Taking a deep breath, she stood beside him and saw no reaction on his face. She knelt down and clasped her hands together, praying for both her sensei and his wife. 

     Not Obito, however. She had waited for him. Yet he never came.

     Looking at Kakashi, she wanted to say something so bad. Her first love was now standing before her and in her reach. The look on his face was raw anguish and she wanted to comfort him.

     But then she remembered.

     She was the cause of it all.

     Still, there was that little piece of selfishness that lingered. Yes, she was trash, scum, and a all-about horrible person... But just wanted to comfort him.

     So, she smiled as best a broken soul could do and cheerfully stated, "It's not good to hide your wounds, you know. I am taking care of you after all."

     He turned to face her, eyes widened, but she had already left. 

     Rin could feel her heart thrumming through her chest. Rin Nohara could feel unchecked emotions swirling around. There was fear, anger, sadness, but deep within it all: satisfaction.