[Beta] Chapter 21

"Yes..." Rin muttered, "He absolutely hated you. You promised to protect me but failed to. I ended up getting the three-tailed within me and became a ticking time bomb. Of course, you killed me for no good reason in his perspective."

     Obito looked at the ground, suddenly finding it more interesting than the world above it. In the heat of the moment there was nothing else but that but if he had thought about it carefully he would've realized the mistake he was making.

     "I..." Kakashi began, not knowing what to say anymore.

     "Don't, " she murmured, "There's no need to dwell on the past. What matters is us being together once more."

     Rin managed to plaster a smile on her face while her arms snagged around the waists of her two teammates. Pulling them closer together, she shared a group hug while feeling a bit nostalgic. "Why don't we introduce ourselves again?"

     "That's a good idea!" the Uchiha exclaimed childishly, regaining his adolescent personality.

     "Mmm-mm!" she smiled and nodded, "Let's go to our regular training grounds!"

    The silverette was the only reluctant, arguing with a futile, "Wait, I am busy today and they've been waiting-"

     "They can wait longer!" she replied with a pout, "We've been waiting for this much longer than whoever you're talking about!"

     She felt a bit selfish in asking him to drop everything and do what she said but they needed this.

     Kakashi let out a sigh and obliged, letting them drag him into the training grounds that had been etched into their memories since becoming genin. 

    While walking there she suddenly remembered a few words that Minato-sensei had told her. "Ne, Kakashi... You won't have to stay at the K.I.A. Stone for hours at a time every day... Right?"

     "How did you...?" he asked, a bit disturbed.

     "Minato-sensei told me..."

    The atmosphere darkened once more, especially for Obito Uchiha, who now had to come to terms with killing the Fourth Hokage, his loving teacher. 

     They sat down around the three logs that poked at the ground. At their time the logs had been about their height, but they now towered over them. 

     "... Who will start?" the Hatake wondered aloud.

     After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, Rin decided, "I'll do it."

     Taking in a deep breath she recited the easiest things from memory, "My name is Rin Nohara and I was born on November 15 (A/N: holy shit that's my birthday like, wtf). I really like strawberries, my team, Konoha, the word friendship, and collecting shells. I really hate dying, getting decapitated, getting captured, being a jinchuriki, and you two fighting... Oh, and also tsukudani. My dream is for all of us to be a team again. It's already in the works too!"

     She finished it with a grin on her face while the other two paled considerably.

     "Y-you got decapitated?"

     "Yes, it wasn't even painful though. I didn't even feel it."

     Rin watched as their eyes wandered to her neck as though they didn't believe her. To be honest, it did seem like a stretch but it was the truth. "Who's next?"

     Kakashi Hatake cleared his throat, "Maa, I might as well. I'm Kakashi Hatake and was born on September 15. I like reading... And stuff, I guess. I dislike... Anything fried? Maybe I like the word teamwork? My dream is... I guess I don't really need a dream now since I have everything I need."

     Obito grumbled, "Still the same as ever."

     "I could say the same to you."

     They growled at each other before turning their heads in the opposite direction. Rin Nohara couldn't help but laugh at their exchange. Maybe things didn't change so much for them...

     "I guess I'll go now. I'm Obito Uchiha and I was born on February 10. I like Rin, the color orange, and the words teamwork and comrade. I dislike..."

     He hesitated on that thought. There was so many things he could list on there but each one of them revealed information that dug up more things than he wanted. Questions would bombard him and Konohagakure would no longer be safe for him and Rin.

     "Sensei! Why the hell didn't you meet us at the bridge, dattebayo!"

     She didn't even need to turn to know who it was. "That's his son... Isn't it?"

     Kakashi nodded but she didn't need it to conclude. The verbal tick... All of it was there. When she turned, the features almost blinded her and she felt the words slip her mouth before she could stop them.

      "Minato... Sensei?"