Chapter Twenty Five

Ehem... "Anotha one" because I'm just sad, tired, got a headache and in mild pain right now and just want some comfort from Cashton so... sorry it's short...

Lex

-•-

-•-Ashton's PoV

-•-
Ashton's PoV

"You're the reason this beats, Ashton." Calum whispered, looking deep into my eyes with his own. For once, his mocha swirled eyes weren't cold and menacing; they were warm and sincere.

I didn't speak, knowing that my words would fail me. Calum's hopeful eyes grew cold, and he had a hint of insecurity moulding his face.

He let go of my hand with a sigh.

"I understand if you don't feel the same. Who could love a monster like me?" He muttered, making me frown.

My hand was still placed over his heart, so I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to my level, pressing my lips onto his. Calum was still for a few seconds, but then be added pressure to the kiss, kissing me back deeply.

Calum moves his hands around, placing them into my hips and pulling me closer to him. The wind twisted around us, sending chilling shivers down my spin as I pulled away from the kiss.

Calum keeps his hold on my hips, opening his eyes and giving me a dorky grin. Instead of saying anything, I throw myself into Calum's chest and hug him like my life depended on it.

"I c-could, because you are n-not a monster to m-me. You are m-my Calum." I whispered. I felt Calum move his arms, twisting them around my waist as he began to hug back. "You p-p-protect me."

"Fuck," Calum's chest rumbles as he presses small, light kisses onto forehead. "I'll always protect you, Angel."

I pull away, only far enough to look Calum in the eyes. "I know. T-that's why I l-love you. You're t-the first p-person who has cared about m-me, well besides m-my family. You d-don't have to care a-about me, yet you d-do."

Calum gives me a small smile, leaning down the press another kiss on my forehead. When he pulls away, he removes his hands from my side and use them to capture my own hands.

"Come on, Angel. There is something I want to show you." He says, leading me through the streets. I laugh at his excitement, following Calum through the tight allies that are wafting with the wonderful smells of flowers, freshly washed linens and food cooking in the kitchen.

"Where are w-we going?" I asked Calum, who turned his head and gave me a cheeky smile.

"I'm taking you to dinner."