Chapter Three

Meekle.

That is all.

All the love,
Lex🔪🖤

-•-

-•-

"Lu Lu?"

I was left frozen in place, void of any sort of emotion after what I had just witnessed.  My little brother had just been taken away from me because he owed two million.

I don't know what happened, really.  I simple let my body fall to the ground with a loud thud, curling into a ball with tears pricking at my eyes.

Luke was gone.  Luke was hurt.  Luke was practically kidnapped.

And I just watched and did nothing.

Then I remembered; the sticky note Luke gave me.  I pulled the paper from my pocket, scanning over the number.  I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled the number, hoping whoever the number belonged to could help me find Luke.

"Hello?"

"Uh, hi.  I- well, um."

"Spit it out, I don't got all day."

"My b-b-brother, Luke, he t-told me to call this number."

"Luke, what?"

"Hemmings, s-sir.  Luke Hemmings."

"Ok, what are ya call in' for, kid?"

"He, well, h-he's in some t-trouble."

"Fuck, damn that blonde idiot, always getting into shit.  Christ, ok, where are you kid?"

"Union Square Park, off of 14th street."

"Fucking hell.  Ok, stay where you are, sweetheart, I'll be there in ten minutes."

The line went dead, and I was left alone, waiting for some stranger Luke knew to show up. 

With a shaky breath, I carefully stood up, leaning my head back on the tree I hid behind.  I stared down at the ring in my finger, my father's ring.  The only thing I have of him. 

Mama told me he died when I was only a few weeks old, leaving her with me, a newborn, in the rougher parts of the city to survive.  She met Luke's dad when I was about six months old, they got married and boom.  Luke was born a week after my second birthday. 

I loved my little brother, still do.  He was my best friend growing up, my light.  He made me smile with his stupid jokes and confused attitude. 

So when my stepdad died, it hurt Luke so much.  He changed, getting involved in darker activities.  When he reached twenty two, he was gambling and drinking his life away.  That was the last time I saw him, actually. 

I had just graduated nursing school, and he and mama came to my graduation.  Afterwards, he left without a trace, and for two years, hardly ever called or texted me.

I sighed, think about old memories I made with my little brother.  I couldn't lose Luke, too.

"Well, well, well, what's got you all in a bad mood, sweetheart?" A voice spoke, making me turn my attention to a man who had walked over to me.

"I'm s-sorry, but w-who are you." I asked, trying to keep my distance from the man with a messy and overgrown blond fringe.

"Ah, sorry 'bout that.  Name's Michael.  What about you, cutie?" The man, 'Michael', introduced with a coy smirk.

"Ashton," I mumbled, looking at the man's all black attire.

"Well, Ashykins, what's with the waterworks?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What's it t-to you." I retaliate, copying his actions.

"Well, it would have anything to do with your brother, would it, Ashton?"  My eyes widened, and I give the man a once over.

"Are you?"

"The man from the phone? Yes, indeed, sweets.  Now, tell me what my Lukey has gone and done this time." He said, sitting down on the grass by the tree, motioning for me to take a seat as well.

"Well, see, Luke c-called me early in the m-morning, around two, and said he needed some cash to pay off s-some debt.  About few grand.  Naturally, I said I'd give it to him, he's my brother.

"So I m-met with him at s-seven and gave him the money, then he left.  He seemed really nervous.  He said that the g-guys wanted the money by nine. 

"I, uh, followed him h-here.  There were five guys, all dressed in suits.  The m-main guy asked for 'two million' and Luke said he didn't have it.  They k-knocked him over the head with a gun and took him away, saying he'd have to explain to the 'boss' about the two million." I finished, letting Michael take in the information.

"Shit," the man mumbled to himself.  He snapped his head up, looking me in the eyes.  "Names?  Did they give any names."

"Um, yeah.  The main guy Luke t-talked to called two of his m-men, I think it was Jablinski and Dolphi?"

"Damn it... ok, look, kid, you gotta come with me.  Let's go." Michael said, standing up quickly.  He offered me a hand, lifting me off the ground before dragging me out of the park to a parked black Bugatti. 

"Get in, kid." He said, unlocking the doors of the car.  I frowned, but did as he told me.

"Where are we g-going?" I asked as he started the engine, making the car roar to life.  He took out a pair of black aviator shades, slipping them over his eyes.  He turned to me, giving me a smirk.

"We're going to see big boss."