thirty-nine

"I will," Stiles closes the gap and kisses you passionately and strongly. You laugh into the kiss and Stiles lifts you up and puts you on the bonnet of his jeep. A car drives past and beeps making you pull away and blush.

"Call it again!" Scott orders and you call his phone.

"It's not here," You say angrily.

"Okay," Stiles begins. "So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one," Scott continues looking for his phone. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

"Well," You begin and cross your arms in front of your chest. "A, you're not alone. You have me and B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha," Scott says. "They're not gonna kill him."

"All right," Stiles says. "So then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter - problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Scott says angrily. "I can't protect her on my own. This means we either find Derek first - just - just help me!"

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting," You say and lean your head on Stiles' shoulder. "You remember that when he was trying to kill you after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"He wasn't going to kill anyone," Scott defends. "And I'm not letting him die."

"Could you at least think about letting him die?" Stiles asks with puppy dog eyes. "For me? What?"

"His mom just got home," You say and hear her leaving another voicemail for Peter and you zone out.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asks and you shake your head. "What's she doing?"

"Crying," You and Scott say in unison.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone," Stiles says.

"I have to," Scott says stubbornly. 

"Well, we need to get going to school," You say plainly and check your outfit in the mirror one last time (outfit above).

"Stop checking," Stiles says and picks you up bridal style making you laugh. "You look perfect."

"Stiles," You complain and he puts you down. "I packed your gym clothes for lacrosse with mine."

"With yours?" Styles asks.

"Coach asked me to try out for the team," You say and tuck a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Really?" Stiles asks smiling.

"Yeah," You smile back, and Stiles cheers making you laugh and you all get into Stiles' car.

~ After tryouts ~

"What do you mean I can't go to the formal?" You hear Scott complain from the other changing room and you roll your eyes as you scrub the sweat off your body. The coach decided to make you do suicide runs which you weirdly did really well. You tie your hair up in a bun and apply deodorant before leaving the locker room and waiting patiently for Stiles. 

Stiles walks out and grabs your arm before leading you towards Allison's locker. You lean against the wall in slight annoyance and Stiles pulls out a bag of chips from his back and hands them to you immediately making you happy. You were mainly annoyed by the lack of food. But you happily chomped on the chips.

"Do you even have a date?" Stiles asks Scott grabbing your attention.

"Not yet," Scott says and you roll your eyes.

"Do you have a suit?" You ask while eating your chips.

"Not yet," Scott says and goes to take a chip when you slap his hand.

"Do you have a ticket to the formal?" Stiles asks. "A ride there?"

"No, and no," Scott sighs and you scratch your head.

"So, you're gonna ride your bike to the dance?" You ask and try not to laugh.

"Without a date," Stiles begins. "A suit or a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass."

"Yeah," Scott says. "You gonna help me?"

"Hell, yeah," Stile wraps his arm around Scott's shoulder and you follow along behind them.

"I get shotgun," You say plainly. "I actually bought something nice for this and it won't be ruined by the back seat of the jeep. No offense Stiles."

"A lot taken," He says jokingly and you smile to yourself. 

"I'm going to walk home," You say and kiss Stiles' cheek before walking out of the school and making you way home.

~ Time skip to formal ~

You pinch your nose to stop yourself from sneezing. All the makeup powder was getting up your nose. You rolled your eyes at yourself and allowed yourself to sneeze before finishing your red themed eyeshadow. You smiled at the finished product and attempted to do a nice winged eyeliner.

This obviously took a few tries, let's be honest eyeliner is extremely hard to do. Once you finished you applied the lipstick Allison had helped you pick out and you looked at the makeup in the mirror. You could hear Stiles struggling to put his tie on in the other room making you laugh to yourself. 

You grabbed the watch in the box and opened his door enough to slide it through without him noticing. You walked back to your room and pulled the red dress out of the bag. You looked at it cautiously still unsure about whether you should wear it or not. You shook the thoughts out of your head and carefully put the dress on.

You sat back down at your vanity mirror and began styling your hair. Stiles had always loved your natural hair just the way it was so you decided to gently untangle the knots and let it run freely. You hear a box being slid into your room and you turned to see a box with a note on top of it. You knelt down next to the box and opened the small card.

To the most beautiful girl.

You smiled and opened it to see a golden heart locket. You gently pulled the necklace out of the box and opened it to see two photos. One was when you were kids and Stiles had nervously kissed your cheek, you smiled at the memory and looked at the other side. Scott had taken a photo when you jumped onto Stiles' back and he carried you around at school.

You closed the locket and held it close to your heart for a moment before looking at the back to see your names engraved on the back. You brushed your thumb over the neat writing and clasped the necklace around your neck. You smiled at how well it went with the outfit and began buckling up your shoes.

A/N

Happy Birthday to me ahaha

Stiles Stilinski x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara