twenty-nine

You notice his car gone a sigh in relief. You help Stiles walk up to the front door and you walk him to his room. You tuck him into bed and smile at his sleep form.

You sit outside the principal's office with Stiles waiting for Noah to come out.

"Can you tell me what they're saying?" Stiles asks.

"Let them have some privacy," You comment and hear their footsteps come towards the door. You hurriedly get up and Stiles stands next to you as Noah walks over.

"Don't you have a test to get to?" He asks the both of you.

"What's going on?" Stiles asks. "Did they find Derek yet?"

"I'm working on it," Noah says truthfully. "You go take your test."

"Alright, dad," Stiles says. "Listen to me. This is really important you have to be careful tonight, okay? Especially tonight."

"Stiles, I'm always careful," Noah insists.

"Dad," Stiles begins again. "You've never dealt with this kind of thing before, okay? At least not like this."

"I know, which is why I brought in people who have," Noah says and you look at him curiously. "State detective. Go take your test."

You let out a sigh and lead Stiles away. He follows you willingly still concerned for Noah's safety. You hold his hand gently in your own and he squeezes your hand to show he appreciates it. You sit in the back row and Stiles sits in front of you. You watch as Scott walks in and tries to talk to Allison. Mr. Harris stops him and tells him to take a seat. Scott sits in front of Stiles and acknowledges the two of you.

"You have 45 minutes to complete the test," Mr. Harris states and you fiddle with your pencil. "25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So, let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."

You hurriedly write your name on the paper and open the booklet to reveal the first set of questions. You fill out each question carefully but quickly wanting to get this over with. You notice Scott becoming agitated and you continue writing while keeping an eye on him at the same time. You listen to his heartbeat as it quickens with every passing second. He picks up his bag and leaves the classroom without a second thought. Stiles rushes out after him and you roll your eyes before picking up yours and his bag. You hold your test paper firmly in your hand. you hand it to Mr. Harris and go to leave.

"I'll finish it later," You say and rush after the two boys. You notice Scott's bag on the floor and Stiles picks it up. Stiles holds his phone and calls Scott's number your hear a distant phone ringing and you follow the sound. You follow Stiles into the boys' locker room as you hear water running. You peek your head around the corner and see Scott shirtless in the shower. Stiles lets out a sigh of relief and you watch them.

"Stiles, I can't..." Scott speaks.

"What's happening?" Stiles asks. "Are you changing?"

"No, he's not," You listen to his lungs as the make a wheezing sound. You take Scott's bag off Stiles and rummage around for his inhaler. "He can't breathe," You continue to search. You open your bag and grab a spare one you always kept just in case. You throw it to Scott and he uses it. "Are you ok?"

"I was having an asthma attack?" Scott questions and you shake your head.

"You were having a panic attack," You state. "But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack."

"Smart," Stiles comments.

"How'd you know I'd do that?" Scott asks.

"Stiles used to get them after his mom died..." You say cautiously. "Not fun, huh?"

"I looked at her and it was like," Scott pauses for a short moment. "Someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer."

"Yeah, it's called heartbreak," You say knowingly.

"About two billion songs written about it," Stiles adds.

"I can't stop thinking about her," Scott says running his fingers through his hair.

"Well, you could think about this," Stiles shrugs. "Her dad's a werewolf hunter and you're a werewolf so, it was bound to become an issue."

"That wasn't helpful," You whisper to Stiles.

"Dude, I mean, yeah," Stiles shrugs. "You got dumped and it's supposed to suck."

"No, it's not it," Scott says. "It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions."

"It's gotta be the full moon," Stiles shrugs. "So we'll lock you up in your room later just as we planned. That way the alpha who is your boss, can't get to you either."

"I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room," Scott says looking up at the two of you.

"What? Because if you get out you're going to be caught by hunters?" Stiles questions.

"No," Scott shakes his head and you shift your weight onto your left leg. "Because if I get out, I think I might kill someone."

You nod at his statement and step out of the locker room so Scott can get changed out of his wet pants. You see the coach walking up to the locker room and he looks at you suspiciously.

"I don't want to know," He says to you. "Actually, I do. What were you doing?"

"Just talking," You shrug.

"Just talking," He glares at you suspiciously. Scott and Stiles walk out of the locker room and the coach looks shocked but winks at the three of you all the same. "Oh, I get it. Freaky."

"Oh my god," You walk away instantly and cringe at his comment. You walk straight out of the school and instantly begin walking home. You open the front door and immediately flop onto your bed without a second thought. You groan in annoyance and decide to take a nap knowing Stiles will wake you up before he heads over to Scott's place.