Meeting Zephyr

"Hiccup are you sure you can't go?" Astrid begged as she gently bounced her three week old baby girl.
"Astrid, it's your cousin, relax," he replied as he continued to get dressed.
"But she's a jerk. She flirted with you the last time she came, and tried to make me feel worthless!" Hiccup chuckled and grabbed Zephyr from her.
"Astrid I married you remember? This is our daughter and nothing she says can change how much I love you." She smiled and nodded. "Besides I talked to your mom and she's going with you."
"Really? Oh Thor I love you!" She exclaimed and kissed him.
"Well I guess I need to do favors for you more often," he said with a chuckle. "I've got work to do, see you later." He handed Zephyr back to her before heading outside.
"Alright little missy, let's go find grandma," Astrid said as she wrapped Zephyr up in another blanket. It was still winter, and Astrid was very cautious about taking her outside. But this time it couldn't really be avoided. She walked over to her parents house and found her mom was already outside waiting for her.
"There's my beautiful granddaughter!" She exclaimed as Astrid placed her in her arms. "Are you nervous?"
"A little, but I'll be fine," Astrid replied with a shrug. "At least she can't flirt with Hiccup this time." Ingrid burst out laughing.
"I remember that. You were so jealous I thought you were going to use her for target practice."
"Oh the thought did cross my mind, but I was forced to be merciful." She said and rolled her eyes a little at the memory of Hiccup holding her back, kicking and screaming all the way. "It would be funny if she tried to flirt with him though."
"You want her to flirt with your husband?" Ingrid asked, obviously surprised.
"No, but it would be fun to watch her turn colors when I tell her that he's permanently taken." She had a look on her face that said she had something sneaky planned. "Now then, may I have have my baby back?" The reluctant grandma gently handed the baby back to her daughter. The two women walked down to the docks and they hadn't even made it all the way down before they heard a high pitched scream.
"I think it's safe to say that Iris is here," Astrid said and rolled her eyes.
"Astrid you're the Chieftess now, you can't lose your temper," her mother warned her.
"I'll behave if she does." Ingrid glared at her but quickly changed her expression as they saw Iris.
"I have to walk all the way up there?!" Iris complained and pointed up at the long path back up to New Berk.
"Uh, nice to see you too Iris," Astrid said and adjusted Zephyr in her arms. Iris seemed to just notice the baby in her cousin's arms.
"Oh my Thor she got pregnant?" She exclaimed and pointed at the baby.
"Are you capable of talking at a normal volume?" Astrid asked, obviously annoyed. "This is my sleeping daughter, Zephyr and I would rather not have a screaming daughter." They started the long walk back to the village. Iris rambled on about the dozens of guys swarming around her, with the occasional complaint about the long walk.
"I haven't decided which one I'll choose but I'm not in a rush. I'd rather have fun," she said and checked her nails for the millionth time. Ingrid glanced over at Astrid to see if she was holding it in. She was pleased to see that she was doing just fine, mainly because she was too busy making sure Zephyr was warm and happy.
"So what happened to that cute guy I met the last time I came?" Iris asked, which immediately brought Astrid back to reality.
"There are many men on Berk, you'll have to be more specific," Astrid said and caught the mischievous smirk on her mom's face. They both knew exactly who she was talking about.
"I think he was the Chief's son or something, oh he only had one leg."
"Oh that must be Hiccup and he's actually Chief now," Ingrid said, and caught Astrid stifling a laugh. The look on Iris's face told Astrid that she was definitely going to try to flirt with Hiccup again, but this time Astrid wouldn't be the one changing colors. Iris seemed to have renewed energy as she practically sprinted up the path.
"You're not going to try to try to stop her?" Ingrid asked with a slight chuckle. Astrid shrugged and shook her head.
"No need. I know something she doesn't know, and she needs to be brought down from her pedestal. Besides, she can try to flirt with him all she wants, he's still mine." Eventually they caught up to Iris who had already stopped to flirt with Eret. "Iris, let's go get food." She rolled her eyes but followed her cousin. As they approached the Great Hall, Iris started fiddling with her clothes and hair.
"Do you think he's in there?" she asked excitedly.
"Well since he's the Chief, it's a strong possibility," Astrid replies casually. "You can go on in, I'm going to go feed Zephyr." Iris eagerly went inside. "Hey mom, if you get the chance, tell Hiccup to play along until I get inside." Ingrid chuckled and nodded. Astrid retreated off behind the Great Hall and quickly fed Zephyr. As she walked back to the front door, she saw Valka coming out.
"Valka, could you watch Zephyr for me for a few minutes?" She asked.
"Oh you know I'm always happy to watch her," Valka replied and took Zephyr.
"Thank you," Astrid called as she ran inside. Exactly as she expected, Iris was doing her very best to flirt with Hiccup. By the looks of things, Ingrid was able to pass on the "play along" message to Hiccup.
"I see you found our Chief," she said as she walked over to her cousin.
"We've been having a very nice conversation," Hiccup said and subtly winked at his wife.
"I can't believe you're not already married," Iris said.
"Oh he is," Astrid said innocently. "I thought he would have told you."
"Wha- to who?!" She exclaimed angrily.
"Oh that would be me. I guess I neglected to tell you that I was Chieftess didn't I." Iris's jaw dropped and, just as Astrid hoped, she turned about ten shades of purple and blue.
"Oh you don't look well, Iris," Ingrid said and faked concern. "I'll take you home so you can lie down." Iris followed absently. The minute she was outside, Hiccup and Astrid both burst out laughing.
"The look on her face was priceless," Astrid got out between laughs.
"You're so cruel," Hiccup said and tried to compose himself. "But it was pretty funny." She took a few deep breaths before sitting down at a nearby table.
"Times have definitely changed since the last time she was here. You hated that she flirted with me," Hiccup said and sat beside her.
"Yeah but this time she could flirt with you all she wanted but it wouldn't change the fact that I'm your wife. I must admit that I was surprised that she didn't ask about Zephyr. She was more confused by the fact that I got pregnant." Hiccup chuckled at that.
"You never had to worry about her stealing me. You've had me since we were kids. It's just official now." She smiled and kissed him gently.
"I love you," she said softly and rested against his shoulder. She had something Iris would never have, and she was never giving him up.

Happy Independence Day weekend to my fellow Americans! I hope you all had a great weekend even with all the restrictions in place. My area definitely went all out when it came to fireworks😂 We've heard them going off for the past few weeks. Anyway, I'm still going through some writers block but luckily I've got lots of one shots already written to post for you. Have a blessed week😀